It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Great opportunity to prove me wrong coming this Saturday
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:26 pm 
LOST Member

Coliniksi wrote:
Didnt claim you had seen my username before. Just found it strange that you would go to a jeep forum and blame mainly us for trashing trails

Well funny enough, I just find it strange to see ohv users in the woods trashing the trails to begin with. Funny that you don't find it funny that you would find it funny that I don't find it funny.

:ROTFL:

And, fwiw - I never said that anyone on this board ever did anything on my hill. I have refered to jeepers (as in recreational ohv users) leaving garbage on my hill. I can demonstrate that as a fact. This thread was a chance for you all to demonstrate how different you are than people who behave that way - instead you have chosen to align yourself with those people and say I have insulted you by association. So, if you choose to freely identify yourself as someone who should be included in that generalization, well so be it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

This thread was a chance for you to seriously ask for help. Instead, you did what you did and aren't making friends. No one's butthurt, you're just making yourself look like a jerk and not helping what you deem a worthy cause. No one's "choosen allies" or "identifying one's self as...", you're the one making generalizations about people and identifying yourself as a jerk.

You should have just asked for help without your inconsiderate dickery, its really that simple. Stop trying to defend your temperment. It just makes you look that much more :ALONE: If you would have asked for help in all seriousness you may have gotten it. Insulting or at least poking fun at anyone is not a way to rally the troops and you know that. That's why you didn't create this thread to actually get help, you just wanted to prove to yourself how much of an outstanding citizen you are and how much more environmentally conscience you are than all of us. GOOD JOB! YOU DESERVE A MEDAL! I suggest you stop defending your dickery otherwise you will probably be banned because you're not "fighting the good fight" like you pretend to, you're just trying to boost your own ego at the expense of others and its painfully obvious. This is plainly evidenced by your thread title: "Great opportunity to prove me wrong..."; its obvious you're coming from this 'holier than thou' attitude and that attitude never wins anyone over. If I am wrong about this, you would have just asked for help in a polite manner like anyone else on this forum who asks for help doing anything. But you didn't. :BINGO:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:06 pm 
LOST Member

RespectMyLibertay wrote:
This thread was a chance for you to seriously ask for help. Instead, you did what you did and aren't making friends. No one's butthurt, you're just making yourself look like a jerk and not helping what you deem a worthy cause. No one's "choosen allies" or "identifying one's self as...", you're the one making generalizations about people and identifying yourself as a jerk.

You should have just asked for help without your inconsiderate dickery, its really that simple. Stop trying to defend your temperment. It just makes you look that much more :ALONE: If you would have asked for help in all seriousness you may have gotten it. Insulting or at least poking fun at anyone is not a way to rally the troops and you know that. That's why you didn't create this thread to actually get help, you just wanted to prove to yourself how much of an outstanding citizen you are and how much more environmentally conscience you are than all of us. GOOD JOB! YOU DESERVE A MEDAL! I suggest you stop defending your dickery otherwise you will probably be banned because you're not "fighting the good fight" like you pretend to, you're just trying to boost your own ego at the expense of others and its painfully obvious. This is plainly evidenced by your thread title: "Great opportunity to prove me wrong..."; its obvious you're coming from this 'holier than thou' attitude and that attitude never wins anyone over. If I am wrong about this, you would have just asked for help in a polite manner like anyone else on this forum who asks for help doing anything. But you didn't. :BINGO:

Hmmm... So I was insufficiently polite to engender the help of those on this board...

And people visiting here should be serious and not poke fun...

And none of you are butthurt, but I'll be banned for expressing my opinion...

You guys are just too precious.

:-)r

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

johnb wrote:
RespectMyLibertay wrote:

Hmmm... So I was insufficiently polite to engender the help of those on this board...
Yes. Obviously you aren't used to functioning normally in a social environment. If you walked into a gun club meeting and were "poking fun" like this I think you'd quickly realize that just because this is the internet doesn't mean there isn't such a thing as manners. Manners are everywhere, including the gun club and here, go figure! Hermit much? :ROTFL:
As I've pointed out in previous posts, poking fun was your initial excuse for your dickery. No excuses needed here, you can just not post that short of crap. Isn't that obvious? Poking fun is one thing, but like I said your holier than thou attitude isn't making friends. You need "friends" to poke fun; someone familiar with you might be more understanding of your temperment but any stranger isn't inclined to return kindness from those who aren't giving any. Cynical attitudes aren't kindness.
You could get banned because a moderator might notice that you're posts here do nothing but serve your trollish dickery
I'd hate to see you get banned for being a troll when this is such a great resource of information, none other like it for the Liberty...you may become a precious rarity (hmm...I don't know about the "precious part"). God forbid anyone be held accountable for their actions. It's very obvious to anyone reading this, you're a troll! If you're not sure what that means, re-read my last few posts where I mention your self-serving ego and intent in creating this thread.

This is you ----> :ALONE:

I notice you chose to omit a response to much of the content of my posts each and everyone time you respond :dead:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:02 pm 
LOST Member

RespectMyLibertay wrote:
johnb wrote:
RespectMyLibertay wrote:

Yes. Obviously you aren't used to functioning normally in a social environment. If you walked into a gun club meeting and were "poking fun" like this I think you'd quickly realize that just because this is the internet doesn't mean there isn't such a thing as manners. Manners are everywhere, including the gun club and here, go figure! Hermit much? :ROTFL:
As I've pointed out in previous posts, poking fun was your initial excuse for your dickery. No excuses needed here, you can just not post that short of crap. Isn't that obvious? Poking fun is one thing, but like I said your holier than thou attitude isn't making friends. You need "friends" to poke fun; someone familiar with you might be more understanding of your temperment but any stranger isn't inclined to return kindness from those who aren't giving any. Cynical attitudes aren't kindness.
You could get banned because a moderator might notice that you're posts here do nothing but serve your trollish dickery
I'd hate to see you get banned for being a troll when this is such a great resource of information, none other like it for the Liberty...you may become a precious rarity (hmm...I don't know about the "precious part"). God forbid anyone be held accountable for their actions. It's very obvious to anyone reading this, you're a troll! If you're not sure what that means, re-read my last few posts where I mention your self-serving ego and intent in creating this thread.

This is you ----> :ALONE:

I notice you chose to omit a response to much of the content of my posts each and everyone time you respond :dead:

Apparently you're right that on this board, this is me: :ALONE:

If it's like that then yes, I think all 200 of you or whatever are wrong about is subject. I'm cool with that. But you can get over yourself if you think everyone who owns a jeep (the subject of this forum) should agree with you of shut up about it.

Don't forget, you're posting in my thread. Who exactly is trolling who here? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:13 am 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

No personal attacks fellas. Unbunch panties please.

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 pm 
LOST Member

BVCRD wrote:
No personal attacks fellas. Unbunch panties please.

Question for you - since it's been suggested throughout this thread that I'm insulting everyone... Do you see anything resembling a personal attack in any of my posts? It's not like I called anyone names (troll?) or belittled anyone's opinion (dickery?) - I think i've been pretty clear that my opinion is actually NOT related to anyone on here specfically - but I could be wrong here... I guess I did call somebody 'precious' in a way that wasn't entirely complimentary.

As the mod (you are a mod, right?), what do you see going on here?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

Other than you, anyone reading this can tell you're the one trolling because you're cynical and sarcastic attitude in originating this thread is what's pissing people off.

Wrong about what subject? That if you ask for help with an attitude you're not going to get any? I think the outcome of that is obvious. We've hardly been talking about the actual problem according to you, because the actual problem of this thread is your attitude. You don't have to admit that you had ill intentions creating this thread, specifically the title and subsequent sarcastic tone throughout the first and following posts. We all could see it from post #1 that you didn't actually want help in your mission. You just want to be hung up on a cross and felt bad for. BOO HOO! It's so obvious this is the case because ANYONE knows how to actually get help if they want it and you put more effort into being a jerk about the subject than actually asking for help.

The demonstration was clear, John is a troll to this particular forum as evidenced in his posts on this thread. Hence why this thread was moot from the get go. Seriously, can anyone admit to themselves that they honestly think John was expecting to get help with this thread? :shock:

P.S. John doesn't seem to understand what "trolling" is. Trolling is where you utilize a cynical and sarcastic attitude in a way you INTEND to not be well received by the majority of viewers. These kind of people just want to stir things up and piss people off for basically no reason other than to serve their own egos. Why else would someone do something like this? What exactly is he getting done? He knew this thread was pointless from the get go. Maybe he did have the SLIGHTEST expectation that someone just might answer his call to help, but how could he REASONABLY expect any positive response from these posts!? He's no idiot, he knew what he was going to get here. I find it to be malicious and that's why I honestly think this thread should be locked/deleted unless someone can find a purpose for it thus far other than it making clear that John has attitude problems and likes to vocalize it using your forum bandwidth.
:dead:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:02 pm 
LOST Member

RespectMyLibertay wrote:
Other than you, anyone reading this can tell you're the one trolling because you're cynical and sarcastic attitude in originating this thread is what's pissing people off.

Wrong about what subject? That if you ask for help with an attitude you're not going to get any? I think the outcome of that is obvious. We've hardly been talking about the actual problem according to you, because the actual problem of this thread is your attitude. You don't have to admit that you had ill intentions creating this thread, specifically the title and subsequent sarcastic tone throughout the first and following posts. We all could see it from post #1 that you didn't actually want help in your mission. You just want to be hung up on a cross and felt bad for. BOO HOO! It's so obvious this is the case because ANYONE knows how to actually get help if they want it and you put more effort into being a jerk about the subject than actually asking for help.

The demonstration was clear, John is a troll to this particular forum as evidenced in his posts on this thread. Hence why this thread was moot from the get go. Seriously, can anyone admit to themselves that they honestly think John was expecting to get help with this thread? :shock:

P.S. John doesn't seem to understand what "trolling" is. Trolling is where you utilize a cynical and sarcastic attitude in a way you INTEND to not be well received by the majority of viewers. These kind of people just want to stir things up and piss people off for basically no reason other than to serve their own egos. Why else would someone do something like this? What exactly is he getting done? He knew this thread was pointless from the get go. Maybe he did have the SLIGHTEST expectation that someone just might answer his call to help, but how could he REASONABLY expect any positive response from these posts!? He's no idiot, he knew what he was going to get here. I find it to be malicious and that's why I honestly think this thread should be locked/deleted unless someone can find a purpose for it thus far other than it making clear that John has attitude problems and likes to vocalize it using your forum bandwidth.
:dead:

You know, you've successfully communicated that we are not in agreement about this topic. I might add that I stated that to begin with, so all your posting has been a bit redundant. Unless you have something to contribute, maybe you could go play your little "I own LOST and no one is allowed to post anything I don't like" game in someone elses thread already...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

I'm not pretending to be better than you.
You're the one with the attitude and you've had it since the beginning of this thread, its as simple as that. You can post your BS here all you want, I'm not the one who decides what stays and what doesn't. I just don't think this is worthy of the forum's bandwidth. I can hardly believe you're still defending your attitude! :banghead:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:31 pm 
LOST Member

RespectMyLibertay wrote:
I'm not pretending to be better than you.
You're the one with the attitude and you've had it since the beginning of this thread, its as simple as that. You can post your BS here all you want, I'm not the one who decides what stays and what doesn't. I just don't think this is worthy of the forum's bandwidth. I can hardly believe you're still defending your attitude! :banghead:

I know, right! Can you IMAGINE that someone would have their own opinion? And an unpopular opinion at that! What the hell is wrong with me?!

There's not a single point that I've made that any of you can even begin to debate. So you try to levy the social pressure of your little fiefdom to stamp out any discussion about it. Every wonder why you're not the person who decides what stays and what goes? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

John, No need to debate anything. Nobody could ever change your mind. :lol: I do wander sometimes why you post on a jeep site when you disapprove of trail riding. I know you do get help here working on your jeep so you know everybody on here is not as bad as you like to think they are. Call me crazy but I would still like to come out and show you that most people do care about taking care of the great outdoors. Do you live close to a big city? All the camping trips over the years out there and have never seen a problem as severe as you describe. Next time I head out your way maybe I can spend a day or so in your area and help out.

Gary

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:22 am 
LOST Member

kskj wrote:
John, No need to debate anything. Nobody could ever change your mind. :lol: I do wander sometimes why you post on a jeep site when you disapprove of trail riding. I know you do get help here working on your jeep so you know everybody on here is not as bad as you like to think they are. Call me crazy but I would still like to come out and show you that most people do care about taking care of the great outdoors. Do you live close to a big city? All the camping trips over the years out there and have never seen a problem as severe as you describe. Next time I head out your way maybe I can spend a day or so in your area and help out.

Gary

Hey Gary - thanks for dropping back into the thread. This seems to have gotten a little out of hand.

I've stated my point a couple of times, but we're not really getting any information across at this point. It's not that I disapprove of trail riding. I LIVE on the trail.. I love it and completely understand why someone else would too. I actually couldn't believe it when I moved up here, that such a large group of people could be so inconsiderate. Drivers who mistakenly drive up my drive (past 4 Private Property signs), but who can't leave without doing a donut in my turn around area. Driving at speeds up to 50mph on graded dirt trails that do not always allow for two vehicles to pass eachother. Who the hell drives on a graded road anyway? That especially applies to dirtbikes and 4 wheelers. Many of which arrive here on a trailer towed by a jeep or other 4x4 vehicle.

I don't claim to have an especially thick skin about it... For instance, one saturday morning, I'm walking down the end of the trail that runs up to my house. Where my drive meets the FS trail, I have a sign that says Private Property. Someone decided to throw their beer bottles at it, so I've got a couple of broken coors light bottles in the middle of my trail. I've got a young daughter running around. I drive through there. Is it the end of the world? No, of course not. But honestly, that sort of thing drives me completely bat doo doo insane. If somebody has a comment for me, they can come knock on my damned door and tell me. You want to throw something, throw it at me. Don't be a little girl about it. And on a separate note, since when is owning property a bad thing? Don't we believe in private property any more? If someone wants to debate the merits of private property ownership, we can do it at their house, you know what I mean? Like George Carlin said... I GET PISSED GODDAMNIT! That might be why I live in the middle of the woods.

Anyway - I don't think anyone buys it, but I honestly thought this was going to be funny. I think Gary got it. That's what I thought when I read his original post anyway. Gary, we don't really NEED the help... There's trash and poor behavior sometimes, but it's not exactly a ghetto. But I can't tell you how much I appreciate what really seems like a sincere offer. Dude, I don't think any of you guys are bad people. A bunch of the people I call friends are into 4 wheeling. But there is some bad behavior on the trails that comes from some segment of the 4x4 community. There are some people doing some pretty irresponsible things and I feel that on the whole, the overall impact of the recreational 4x4 community in my area is a detrimental one.

You asked why I post here - I usually don't. I pm a bit and look for info because I own the kk and this place is a great reference. I really thought this was going to be kinda funny... I seem to have been mistaken about that. But beyond that, to hell with anyone who thinks I'm going to agree with them or shut up. I'll fight that fight forever.

G'night guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:22 am 

Thread locked pending review of the general Douche Baggery that occurred.

Jeep Tech Files

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2