It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Helping out at LOST Moab 2006
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

As many of you know, we will be co-hosting Moab 2006 this year with LOST West and LOST AZ.

Naturally, LOST West will continue to take the lead, but they have asked that we do a couple of things:
  • Lead a couple of trails, especially easier ones.
  • Help provide prizes for the raffle.
  • Perhaps provide a simple continental breakfast one or two mornings (just cinnamon rolls, danishes, juices, etc.)
I think the raffle prizes need to be handled offline (so that they remain surprises to the rest of the participants), but it seems to me we could discuss the other items here.

So...I'm happy to announce that I will be catching a couple of days of the EJS a week before LOST Moab 2006, and I will be running (hopefully) Fins & Things and Metal Masher, in the hope that I'll be able to lead or tailgun one or both of those trails if needed. (I also know Gold Bar Rim pretty well--and it's really easy.) Krazz1e is hoping to hit EJS, too...but I don't know if he'll do the same trails or not (he already knows Fins really well).

Anyone else looking to be able to lead a trail or two?

Formerly: 02 White Ltd 4x4 with lots of stuff...
Pics: http://troysterr.com Links & Parts: http://youngs.org/kjparts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:57 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

I plan to be showing up on day one at the campground, so if the 3 of us want to run one of the trails, and show me how they go, and I can tail or lead one, depending on how well of a guide you can be.

I do want to try some of the mod to difficult trails too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:01 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Wish I could go. :( Oh, well, I well be there in spirit, and Ted will be sporting my bumpers to beat the crap out of on the trails. I've worked out some raffle prizes with JJsKJ if that helps any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:47 am 
I live here
I live here

I can lead or tailgun an easy trail but I would hate to miss out on Hell's Revenge this year and I think a mass run of Poison Spider Mesa like last year would rock. Not wanting to miss Kane Creek ( I have a score to settle with the waterfall) so I guess I could miss Fins and Things. Last year we got started on it but the rain got too bad to stick to the rocks so we turned around after 30 minutes and did Baby's Lion's Back (slightly more dry). With basically 8 days of Moab and three clubs involved, plus some other experienced Moab people, that is 2-3 people needed from the three clubs to lead (one each) Easy trails.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:52 am 

This may be off topic, but couldn't figure out any numbers from other threads, does anyone have a real good idea of how many are expected to be at this thing? Ted gave me a number the other day, but I completely forgot it (too dang many numbers in my head right now, stupid bumpers :D ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rock Lizard wrote:
This may be off topic, but couldn't figure out any numbers from other threads, does anyone have a real good idea of how many are expected to be at this thing? Ted gave me a number the other day, but I completely forgot it (too dang many numbers in my head right now, stupid bumpers :D ).

I can't remember how many were there last year, but it seems like the largest number on a single run was something in the high 30s, so there were probably 45-ish? Based on what I've been reading in the forums, I'd expect well over 50 KJs this year (and a half dozen other 4x4s), but I'm just guessing.

Maybe someone with a better memory can give a better number...TokyoJoe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:04 am 
I live here
I live here

From past posts, it looks like 40 definite and a few Maybe's. I am sure this list will change quickly. See my new thread in the Moab section (list of everyone confirmed in a thread Clint started back in July 05.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:08 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

As of today, it looks like I'll be able to make it to Moab after all. I'm taking as guess (haven't checked yet) that the primary campgrounds are already booked solid. Is there an alternate campgrounds that someone can recommend? As far as helping out, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind though, I'm still not positive I can make it yet.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:47 am 
I live here
I live here

I just made my reservations recently (last week). There probably is still room.

There's always the other side of the office where the horses are located (not a place for tents and no water or power hookup)

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yeah, you should have no problems booking a site. The LOST group isn't big enough yet to fill the whole campground, so there should be spots open up to a couple of weeks before, especially if you're going to be staying in a tent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:02 am 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I still haven't made a final decision whether to bring a tent or rent a trailer from the outdoor rec center on post. I think if it comes down to a trailer somewhere else or a tent in the same campgrounds, then we'll go with the tent. Right now I'm still waiting to see if my wife's leave gets approved.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'd be up to lead a trail or two, or at least help out someone with leading one. I am registering for the EJS today for Sat at least and maybe Friday to get a feel for if the trails change this year or not, which with mother nature happens often. I hope we get on the same group Troyster.

I need a new rockies sticker, mine got destroyed partly.... I will donate a few extra bucks to help out with some other stuff.

L.O.S.T #000522 Life Time #JH053535