It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any Open Trails?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anyone know what trails are open yet, or at least something decent off the beaten path? Needing to get the Jeep twisted up, have installed lift, tires/wheels, RL Sliders etc and still no trail action yet!! Getting antsy, and I want to take the kids somewhere in the mountains today. I live out by DIA so it takes me a good 1/2 hour to get to the foot hills west of Denver at least. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Post subject: Re: Any Open Trails?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:04 am 
LOST Addict

Slaughterhouse Gulch? I've been there this time of the year in the past.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Got back a little while ago. Most everything is still closed except to snowmobiles of course, but still fun getting back in there as far as I could. At least I got the Jeep muddy!

Off of 285 on Red Cone Road, Webster Pass was closed but I got as far back as the campground area before I felt it prudent to turn back.
My girl Kennice watching Dora the explorer and my boy Gavin zonked out. The back trails always rocks him to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Nice looking Sport. It is a little early yet.

Your post reminds me of when I first moved to Colorado in 1977. I tried to do Mosquito Pass in March in a CJ. The funny thing was I found 3 other CJ owners to go with me. We got as far as the first drift (not very far)!

July 23, 2006 L.O.S.T Rockies Tarp Conference at Bill Moore Lake with 12 other KJ'S
L.O.S.T. #060165

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yes I found that out very quickly. I get in as far as I dare then head back. It is still fun for the kids to get out and wander around a bit on the trail, so all in all it's a good time. Every few weeks I can get just a bit farther up the trails though, just got to keep checking them out. Thanks for the reply bud!