It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Camp Jeep 2005
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had asked JeepinAl whether it was possible to go around obstacles for the Advanced Trail Rides at Camp Jeep? I don't have the boulder-bars, or the tranny skid, but I have every other skid. I don't plan on spending $500 and mounting over 100 lbs of stuff, just for the one trail ride. If it looks too tough, I'll just go around, if I can....

Front Tow Hooks,
Mopar Rear-Hidden-Hitch,
Mopar suspension/transfer-case/gas tank skid-plates

Post subject: Camp Jeep 2005
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just the hang of the old board, now this new one. Please bare with me.

The way I am lead to believe, is that Camp Jeep this year will be using the same trails that the Jeep Jamboree utilize. The trials range from mild to wild. Some are very passable with a stock Liberty, others are not. There many broken Jeeps at the Jamboree, and one trail that was nothing but a continuous rock crawl. I didn't ride that one, but it was filmed and I caught all the action and crunching noises. I traveled on one through the peat bog area, lots of mud and the Liberty smelled like peat moss for over 2 weeks. The second day's trail was a little more difficult. I asked for trails rated 4 and 5's out of 10. They do have "go arounds" for the more differcult parts along the trails (at least the ones I was on).

This year at Camp Jeep I asked for intermediate "hard" our the difficult intermediates. You should have heard the guy on the other end of the phone, er sir are you sure you want those trails in a Liberty. I replied "yes I would my good man please sign me up" as politely as I could!

Hope this helps

Al

PS I think we need spell ceck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

:?: I've been reading the stuff in the forums about some of the past jeep jamborees.(also checked the pics.--way cool)
Any way, my question is this: One of the posts in the forum mentioned they arrived Thursday around 5:00 pm for vehicle inspection. Does anyone know what they are looking for?
We're signed up for Camp Jeep and would hate like all get out to find out at the last minute we don't have the right equipment.
Camp Jeep is not that far off, but there is still time if I have to get something.
Currently have a stock 2005 KJ Renegade with OEM skid bars, had Mopar skids plates installed last month.
Thanks
Den

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

That's a good question. I know that the web-site says that for difficult trail-rides, all vehicles MUST have front and rear tow-points, along with full-skids. I'm not exactly sure what is meant by full-skids. I have all of the skid plates that mopar sells for the liberty. Do they consider boulder-bars to be mandatory skid-plates? Do they plan on informing any of the people that have signed up for this stuff, exactly what will be required? I actually tried emailing, and calling the center that distributes all of the Camp Jeep emails, and they told me that I should be recieving more information through the mail shortly. Well, there is less than a month before Camp Jeep, and I haven't recieved any mail yet.

Front Tow Hooks,
Mopar Rear-Hidden-Hitch,

Post subject: RE: Camp Jeep 2005
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:15 pm 
LOST Member

JeepinAl:

Are you sure about how the trails are progressively rated at Camp Jeep? I inquired of the folks at Camp Jeep registration about two months ago if Intermediate Trail E is harder than Intermediate Trail H. The representative I spoke with said that this was not the case, that they were just different options, no trail was harder than another. So, I am now confused. I'm not feeling quite so brave about the trails at Camp Jeep after having seen Paragon and hitting every rock in the park on the "easy" trails. I am under the impression that I will find similar conditions at Camp Jeep and want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.

James

Post subject: Camp Jeep Trails
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

The letters are not progressive. They meerly? designate the different trails. The classes- easy, intermediate, difficult, matter. I would not recommend a difficult trail unless you have all 4 under body skid plates and after market rock rails for your year vehicle and are not afraid of the potential for body damage. The difficult trails are tough. At least 1 locker would help. There is even an additional trail that will be by invitation only on Saturday and Sunday only.

There is no rig inspection on Thursday night. JJUSA is managing the trail section this year and that is verbige left over from a regular JJUSA ride.

'02 KJ (Liberty1 lets me drive if I am good.
'01 TJ My toy
'46 CJ2A, '49PW, '56 L226, '67 CJ6E, '89 Wag

Post subject: Re: Camp Jeep 2005
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:49 pm 
LOST Member

Thank you for the info. Tim. I did not sign up for any difficult trails because I figured those would be for people who have either done serious mods or are just nuts. Last year at Oak Ridge, I did two Intermediate trails, G & K. To be honest, I was under the impression last year that G would be more difficult than K, however, I did some slight damage on K and nothing on G. I had more fun on G but for other reasons. This year I'm signed up for Scenic I and Intermediate E, so it sounds like I should be ok. Thanks again.

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Just ordered the transmission skid. I'm fully protected now, except for the Boulder bars.

Front Tow Hooks,
Mopar Rear-Hidden-Hitch,

Post subject: So where is everyone staying?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:51 am 
LOST Newbie

A bit off topic, but where is everyone staying at Camp Jeep? I ended up getting a room in Wilkes Barre (cheaper than closer places). Had wanted to camp, but wasn't comfortable with the "family" campground on site. I don't want a curfew, just in case something fun comes up. Anyway, hope to run into some of you there. I've got my LOST sticker in the back window.

All-J/Mopar/Poison Spyder armor
245/75/16 BFG AT KOs
Sylvania Silverstars
XM radio