It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: anyone in central PA?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have seen several lifted Lib's recently in the central PA area (specifically Mechanicsburg). Anyone on this forum from here? I want to lift my Liberty and would like someone to give me a hand who has experience. I'll gladly pay for the help and knowledge. Reply or send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks

35% Tint, Rola Vortex rack

Post subject: Re: anyone in central PA?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:16 pm 
LOST Member

Not in PA but I've got no issues helping someone out if you had a future date in mind. Might make a weekend out of it or something since it's a pretty good trip for me from northern VA. :pepper: As for payment, food and beer works nicely. :wink:

Front hooks, Rusty's Gas skid, CURT hitch with a Pirate Hook!
OME HD Springs, Koni shocks, Teraflex bumpstops, Sumitomo A/T's 245/70/16 on Moabs.
K&N "Cold" air intake.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Powerman04, how far are you from Locust Grove VA (just outside of Fredericksburg)? I travel down there pretty regularly and we could prob do it one of the times I come down. If I don't find someone local, I might take you up on that offer! Tons of beer, food, and Jeeps sounds like a fun day!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 pm 
LOST Member

I'm around 30 min out from there, so that is definitely doable! Sounds like a good time to me.

OME HD Springs, Koni shocks, Teraflex bumpstops, Sumitomo A/T's 245/70/16 on Moabs.
K&N "Cold" air intake.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:33 pm 
LOST Member

Im in Lebanon, out toward harrisburg and hershey. I havent lifted my KJ yet tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

JustinP, do you know how to lift them? You thinking of doing yours? Maybe we could meet up and help each other out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

Powerman04, if I dont meet up with someone local, Ill shoot you a PM when I know the next time I will be down that way and maybe we can set something up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 pm 
LOST Member

inklegg wrote:
JustinP, do you know how to lift them? You thinking of doing yours? Maybe we could meet up and help each other out.

I do plan on lifting it eventually, but im still saving up for it. I almost pulled the trigger on a daystar, but decided I wanted OMEs instead. What kind of lift are you planning to do?? Ive lifted a few things in the past, and Ive been a gearhead since I can remember, I would feel confident to lift one, the only part I'd be a little worried about is compressing the new coil spring for installation of the top plate. Ive done this on a few cars before, but the KJs front coils are very tightly wound, Im unsure if the standard DIY spring compressor set would work. Other than that it should be pretty straight forward. Theres very few parts to the typical KJ lift.
As far as coming to help, it would all depend, I build helicopters at my job and we are swamped with work, so it would all depend on how many weekends i get off. :ROTFL: Time is hard to come by, but if timing is right I might come out, Id hate to commit for sure tho, only cuz a slight problem at work means tons of overtime for me. :D :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

JustinP, I actually went through the same thought process....was going to go with Daystar, but have switched routes to the OME. I have not ordered anything yet, but probably will in the near future (just getting a feeler out to see if I needed to plan to pay a shop to install). Let me know what you are going to buy and when you are ready to do it and maybe I will purchase when you are ready. Then we can go based on your schedule since mine is pretty flexible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am from down outside of Reading. I didn't install the lift on mine. The shop that did mine did have to work at getting the
springs compressed because they are buggers! If you ever want to go wheeling look us up! :D

Lost#095309
KJ-Lifted, skidded,31's,MT sidebiters
TJ- 33's 4" lift
ZJ-4"on 33's-SOLD
YJ-New toy-Bone stock!
PA JEEPS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 pm 
LOST Member

inklegg wrote:
Powerman04, if I dont meet up with someone local, Ill shoot you a PM when I know the next time I will be down that way and maybe we can set something up.

Sounds good to me. I have weekends off and if you plan on a weekday venture I'll need a heads up. I can fully vouch for the PITA the springs are up front. I was lucky and did mine at a hobby shop that had a real nice compressor there. Do you guys plan on full OME or just the springs and different shocks?
WickedKJ wrote:
I am from down outside of Reading. I didn't install the lift on mine. The shop that did mine did have to work at getting the
springs compressed because they are buggers! If you ever want to go wheeling look us up! :D

You already know I'm up for wheeling! :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN:

K&N "Cold" air intake.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:01 pm 
LOST Member

inklegg wrote:
JustinP, I actually went through the same thought process....was going to go with Daystar, but have switched routes to the OME. I have not ordered anything yet, but probably will in the near future (just getting a feeler out to see if I needed to plan to pay a shop to install). Let me know what you are going to buy and when you are ready to do it and maybe I will purchase when you are ready. Then we can go based on your schedule since mine is pretty flexible.

For mine, Itll be a little while for sure, I think Im gonna invest in a set of towhooks in the next week or two, Im dying to get offroad with the KJ, Im just on the fence since half of me wants a different bumper, Im not a fan of the ARB so my choices are extremely ridiculously limited to pretty much to the ARB. HAHA. Im thinking about going with a DetoursUSA backbone. But Im not dead set I want a big winch hanging off my bumper. I like the "less is more" look.
When I do get around to buying a lift, I believe Im gonna go with Heavy OMEs up front and on the back, Im gonna reuse the stock top plate, and depending on the gained height, Ill probably add a clevis lift and a top plate. On the back I'll probably add an isolator or two, extend the brake hoses and remove the sway bar. Pretty standard for LOST. I think I wanna run a 30x9.50R15 tire. So I should have lots of room for the tires. (I dont like cutting).

WickedKJ: Where do you go wheeling?? Ive been looking for some easy trails to try my KJ on, but everything I can find has been closed to vehicles, and Rausch Creek seems expensive, and Ive been told very rocky.

I'd be down for a wheeling day (schedule permitting), if a few people were going. I'd like to meet some fellow KJ enthusiasts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I go to Rausch Creek, Reading Anthracite,Shamokin and the Pine barrens in Jersey. I have ran the kj to all of those places. I stick to green trails at Rausch, it's somewhat rocky. The new property is much less rocky and pretty easy and the parts that are not have bypasses. Been to Rausch stock also w/out problems.The barrens is fine for a stock kj, it's pretty flat w/out rocks. They have alot of sandy mud. Shamokin is a variety of different things. :mrgreen:

Lost#095309
KJ-Lifted, skidded,31's,MT sidebiters
TJ- 33's 4" lift
ZJ-4"on 33's-SOLD
YJ-New toy-Bone stock!
PA JEEPS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:18 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm in York and want an OME lift for my CRD too. I am just about to the place I can start putting cash aside for it. I don't have any skills at suspension work but I am mechanicly inclined enough that I have changed the oil, tuned up and done breaks on most of the cars I have had in the past. I would be willing to learn If there were one or two others to help and guide me when I'm ready.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:33 am 
LOST Newbie

I have about the same experience. Oil changes, tune ups, alternator, starter, brake pads....little things. Don't know much about suspension and what will cause problems later if done incorrectly. PM me or post on this thread and I'll be there to help/learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:17 am 
LOST Addict

still want to lift but house is hopefully getting a new roof before this winter after that. maybe after that I can buy some stuff here and there to get my lift togther.