It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anybody in or visits the South Jersey Shore....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Over the Memorial Day weekend I saw a lifted black KJ with a L.O.S.T. decal on the back window, it was parking in the 4500 block of West Ave in Ocean City (NJ) right across the street from my fire station. I walked over and spent some time checking it out in hopes the owner would come out and we could meet, but no dice.... When I returned to duty on the following Tuesday it was gone.....

A lot of folks from PA, MD, Delaware, Virginia, New York, and even Canada visit Ocean City through out the summer, if anyone from L.O.S.T. plans to be in town here, give a holler....I'm a fireman for the city stationed at fire house #3 @ 4518 West Ave.....(it's the big blue building with the red trucks parked inside)..... :wink:

Look for the lifted Dark Khaki Renegade with roof racks and front bumper mounted fishing rod racks in the side parking lot, if it's there, I'm usually inside......

Thrush Welded Muffler
K&N (Poor Man's) cold air intake
Goodyear Duratrac 245/75-16

Post subject: Re: Anybody in or visits the South Jersey Shore....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We come to southern jersey pretty often, but we are usually in the pine barrens. Sometimes elsewhere. Can you drive on the beaches down there? I know you can on Brigatine with a permit.

Lost#095309
KJ-Lifted, skidded,31's,MT sidebiters
TJ- 33's 4" lift
ZJ-4"on 33's-SOLD
YJ-New toy-Bone stock!
PA JEEPS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WickedKJ wrote:
We come to southern jersey pretty often, but we are usually in the pine barrens. Sometimes elsewhere. Can you drive on the beaches down there? I know you can on Brigantine with a permit.

Ocean City allows beach driving with a $125.00 permit from Sept. 15th til May 15th, the permits are hard to get with a long waiting list, however Corson's Inlet State Park at the south end is also open, requires a $25.00 permit from the park rangers, and has the same time restrictions.
I believe Sea Isle also allows it from Sept. to May, but Brigantine is the good one with year round access.....

So where in the Pine Barrens do you go, and are there any good trails open that you could tell me about....?

Thrush Welded Muffler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SurfGuitar141 wrote:
WickedKJ wrote:
We come to southern jersey pretty often, but we are usually in the pine barrens. Sometimes elsewhere. Can you drive on the beaches down there? I know you can on Brigantine with a permit.

Ocean City allows beach driving with a $125.00 permit from Sept. 15th til May 15th, the permits are hard to get with a long waiting list, however Corson's Inlet State Park at the south end is also open, requires a $25.00 permit from the park rangers, and has the same time restrictions.
I believe Sea Isle also allows it from Sept. to May, but Brigantine is the good one with year round access.....

So where in the Pine Barrens do you go, and are there any good trails open that you could tell me about....?

There are trails all over the place. We go back usually at the ranger's station in Atsion. I have someone I know that goes there and she takes us back. :D

Lost#095309
TJ- 33's 4" lift
ZJ-4"on 33's-SOLD
YJ-New toy-Bone stock!
PA JEEPS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WickedKJ wrote:

There are trails all over the place. We go back usually at the ranger's station in Atsion. I have someone I know that goes there and she takes us back. :D

There used to be a place called the 100 foot hill in Bellplain State Park (in Cape May County), but I've heard it's been closed down to motor vehicles. I've also been told there's a nice long trail that cuts through Batsto State Park that comes out at the Piccalilly bar on Rt. 206....

I'll have to fill the gas tank and start hunting down some of these trails..... :wink:

Thrush Welded Muffler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SurfGuitar141 wrote:
WickedKJ wrote:

There used to be a place called the 100 foot hill in Bellplain State Park (in Cape May County), but I've heard it's been closed down to motor vehicles. I've also been told there's a nice long trail that cuts through Batsto State Park that comes out at the Piccalilly bar on Rt. 206....

I'll have to fill the gas tank and start hunting down some of these trails..... :wink:

Yep there sure is, that's the area I was talking about. Next time we go you are more than welcome to come along. We take it easy and enjoy ourselves. We bring our daughter with and enjoy the day. Heard that bar has good food and drinks! :mrgreen:

Lost#095309
TJ- 33's 4" lift
ZJ-4"on 33's-SOLD
YJ-New toy-Bone stock!
PA JEEPS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WickedKJ wrote:

Yep there sure is, that's the area I was talking about. Next time we go you are more than welcome to come along. We take it easy and enjoy ourselves. We bring our daughter with and enjoy the day. Heard that bar has good food and drinks! :mrgreen:

It sure does, a bunch of us firemen from Ocean City were coming back from Trenton after taking the Captains test, we stopped there for a celebratory break. The food was outstanding, and they have a wide selection of beer on tap. One of the guys in our group does a fair share of off roading, his girlfriend grew up around Batsto and she knows the trails real well, he was the one who told me about it.

I'm no racer, especially in the woods, I like taking my time, enjoy the ride and the scenery....(and stopping for photo opportunities)..... :wink:

Thrush Welded Muffler