It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So... where's the best place to get replacement keys?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:48 pm 
LOST Member

So my 2007 only came with 1 key. Obviously I need more than 1 so where's the best (re: cheapest!) place to get that taken care of. I'm in Union County, NJ so moderately close to there would be nice. should I get blanks with transponders on fleabay for $100 and take them someplace to be programmed? or do most dealerships frown on that.

Thanks!

• OME 790/948/90009/N32
  • Western Suburbanite 7'4" plow
  • DetoursUSA Backbone
  • HF 12k# winch
[SIZE="1"]WTB: project liberty near N.NJ. stick shift, 4x4, working motor optional, CHEAP[/SIZE]

Post subject: Re: So... where's the best place to get replacement keys?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:03 am 
LOST Addict

A key with remote is about 150 from my local dealer. I believe mine will program it to the vehicle for that too. and a plain tranponder key with out remote is $100. if you are or have been prone to locking the keys in a magnetic hide a key box with a cheap $5 non transponder key is a good idea. the $5 key will open the door but not allow the engine to start and run long enough to get anywhere.

If you can get a blank off fleebay and find a locksmith to cut and program the key in cheaper than a dealer go for that, but that may be hard to find. I beleive you need a starscan or other eauipment to program it to the vehicle since you only have one key. if you had two you could add a third on your own.