It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New To My Family.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:11 pm 
LOST Member

My Brother In Law just traded in his XJ for this TJ. Im super mad because now his Jeep is lifted higher than mine, has a winch, and just is cooler all the way around. But Im happy for him he has always wanted one, and now hes has one.

ImageImage

Post subject: New To My Family.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sweet TJ! Your brother has an awesome Jeep. I hope to own a TJ one day like your brother. That is my favorite kind of Jeep.

Post subject: Re: New To My Family.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:59 pm 
LOST Member

Yeah I would like to own one too one day, but Im 6'8 and I really dont fit in the Wrangler very nicely, but I have plenty of leg room in my KJ. I have been in a 4 door wrangler and found its a bit bigger inside, or at least seems big enough for me to drive comfortably, they are just too darn expensive. Well good luck on your hunt. :mrgreen:

P.S. I love your Libby! It looks so clean, How big is that lift? It looks like a 3 inch but your CarDomain says is a 2.5. Well whatever it is< it is nice. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dj S. wrote:
Yeah I would like to own one too one day, but Im 6'8 and I really dont fit in the Wrangler very nicely, but I have plenty of leg room in my KJ. I have been in a 4 door wrangler and found its a bit bigger inside, or at least seems big enough for me to drive comfortably, they are just too darn expensive. Well good luck on your hunt. :mrgreen:

P.S. I love your Libby! It looks so clean, How big is that lift? It looks like a 3 inch but your CarDomain says is a 2.5. Well whatever it is< it is nice. Keep up the good work!

4 door Wrangler (in my opinion) seem roomier than a KJ; but since I'm 5'8ish, it may seem like there is more room. I honestly like the 4 door Wranglers but I also like the strong inline-6 engine in the TJs. Myabe the 2006 TJs will be a bit cheaper next year, to where I can afford one. With gas prices going up, I may never get to own any Wrangler.

Thank you for the comment on my Liberty. The lift is a Daystar 2 1/2" lift kit. My KJ has 63,928 miles right now. When I installed the lift kit, the mileage was 53,000 something. I bought it with 32,xxx miles in June 2009, so this June will be the second year with my Jeep. I went with the Daystar lift for two reasons; #1 It was within my budget #2 My Liberty had 53,xxx miles when the lift was installed. The previous owners were very gentle to the Liberty and it never saw a dirt road. If I still have the Jeep by September, I plan on having a custom front and rear bumper made for the Jeep; in addition to the tube doors. Since I like to take the Liberty front doors off alot. Somernites Cruise is next Saturday, and I plan on showing the Jeep without the front doors. Should be an interesting time. No one here has seen a lifted Liberty; let alone one with it's front doors off. I'm basically the only one in my town. Seems like my KJ gets alot more looks and comments now since I did some minor modifications. That reminds me, I need to update my Cardomain.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dj S. wrote:
Yeah I would like to own one too one day, but Im 6'8 and I really dont fit in the Wrangler very nicely, but I have plenty of leg room in my KJ. :mrgreen:

!

Whatever you do dont get a YJ..I'm almost 6 ft tall and its not real roomy! Have alot more room in the kj for sure, even more leg room than a GC! :JEEPIN: :D

Lost#095309
KJ-Lifted, skidded,31's,MT sidebiters
TJ- 33's 4" lift
ZJ-4"on 33's-SOLD
YJ-New toy-Bone stock!
PA JEEPS