It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP ... need good repair shop in NoVA for CRD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 am 
LOST Newbie

Well my first time in the snow with my CRD did not go well. Road I was on got SLICK with packed snow and despite my better judgement I proceeded down a steep slope and could only let gravity have its way. Slid off the road onto a "landscaping" rock and got high-centered. Quick look with a flash light and saw I likely cracked the oil pan (previous owner didn't get the skid plates :(). My buddy from work who commutes the same way was a few minutes behind me and we got my Jeep off the rock and out of the way so it wouldn't get hit. I left it there and now am at work and started my claim online (I love USAA).

Looks like I have a sh*t ton of shops to choose from in the area. Anybody know of a good one in either Manassas or Springfield? Hmm ... maybe I should have the dealer in Springfield do it? I'll give 'em a call.

Post subject: Re: Nevermind
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:40 am 
LOST Newbie

I did some quick research online and called around a bit. Found Koons (Honda) had good reviews and upon talking to them on the phone, found out they would contract any mechanical work out to the Jeep dealer nearby so pulled the trigger on sending it to them. Now to deal with getting a rental car and the likely long wait for my CRD. :(