It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestions to start offroading?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all, I'm new at this, and have a few questions. I'd like to get into offroading. Just start off nice and easy to see if I like it and want to do more. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for places to get a feel of it. Nothing heavy duty and it would be just me, maybe a friend or two, and our dogs. Ideally maybe combine a camping trip with some offroad and exploring. Any ideas?

Secondly, my Libby is stock, no mods. What limitations will I have? I just want to start first with nice and easy stuff and nothing extreme but if I like it, I'm wondering what I might want to look at modifying first. And any recommendations on where I'd get work done. My mechanic seems pretty up on things but any suggestions?

I live in Guelph but would drive a few hours to someplace good. Preferably with water and not a lot of people around, and off the beaten path. :)

Post subject: Re: Suggestions to start offroading?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm 
LOST Member

Hi Jenny,

Great to hear of another Liberty Driver in Southern Ontario. I live in Waterloo and belong to the Tri-city jeep club. they meet every Monday night at Jack Astors in kitchener on Fairway Rd. About 6-6:30pm. You may have a seen a few jeeps with the club decals driving around Guelph.

If you want to learn about wheeling and what your stock liberty can do, it's a great place to go. They hold a Jeep 101 clinic every Spring, and this Saturday is the second annual family fun day in Cambridge.

I have wheeled the liberty a few times when it was bone stock. Pretty neat where it will go, and as long as you have full skids, and recovery points front and rear, you will do fine on pretty well any mild trails. I have since Lifted the Libby, put on new tires and added custom rock rails. It's a little more capable, but still limited to the Mild to Moderate trails up north.

There are NO trails around the Guelph, KW area that are legal to wheel on. You have to drive up North 2 1/2 - 3 hours before you get into some great trails.

Let me know if I can help you get out and start wheeling!

RB1 Navigation
245/75R16 Goodyear Duratrac's (Installed November 24, 2010
Slightly Trimmed Front Bumper and Wheel Well Liner
Pinch Weld Pounded
Custom Rock Rails
Rock Crusher Diff Cover (Not installed)

Post subject: Re: Suggestions to start offroading?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 am 
LOST Member

I'm in for some wheeling.....PM me.

Mopar skids
K&N drop in filter
Valvaline Synthetic all around.
' Under Construction '

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291075

O[[[[[[[O