It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rough Country lift in a Renegade?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have an 03 kj renegade I decided to lift. It wont be for extreme off roading just daily driver so I plan on going with rough country. On their site it states that their lifts are non compatible with the renegade model. But when I call they don't even know why!! Anyone know the answer or have a rough country lift in their renegade?

Post subject: Re: Rough Country lift in a Renegade?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:07 pm 
LOST Member

dieseltech87 wrote:
I have an 03 kj renegade I decided to lift. It wont be for extreme off roading just daily driver so I plan on going with rough country. On their site it states that their lifts are non compatible with the renegade model. But when I call they don't even know why!! Anyone know the answer or have a rough country lift in their renegade?

Their lifts are not compatible with a Liberty period. Complete garbage whether you never off-road or go every day off-road. Consider yourself luck it said it wasn't compatible and you didn't actually just lose your money ordering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Woods 1310 Front driveshaft
JKS Quicker front Disconnects
Synergy 1.75" Wheel spacer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

I dont have a renegade but I've got an 05 sport I've got the rough country on mine I've ran it now for almost 2 1/2 years only problem I had with mine was shocks didnt last that long that came with the kit. I ended up gettin a set of the OME shocks for the rear but I've ran in a ECS event in Tennessee with it and some local offroad parks and trails only thing i do recommend is gettin JBA upper control arms and extended bumpstops but as for differences in renegade and sports there isnt any except cosmetic stuff really different flares and a lightbar maybe gear options but only on select few

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Would never recommend a Rough Country NOR would I ever install one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Too many people are complaining about the spacer style lifts. so im going to save some more and get the rockfather 2 kit. I only want to lift it once without issues... cheap $300 lift kit was tempting tho!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

dieseltech87 wrote:
Too many people are complaining about the spacer style lifts. so im going to save some more and get the rockfather 2 kit. I only want to lift it once without issues... cheap $300 lift kit was tempting tho!

Save yourself another headache and get the Frankinlift instead,the customer service is worth the few extra dollars.Anything from RRO is worse then a spacer lift.