It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep liberty diesel front springs in gas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a 2006 limited jeep liberty with 165000 miles and ive had the daystar lift in for a year now and im starting to get some sag in the front with the stock 10 year old springs, and i know the ideal solution would be to buy the proper lift but im a broke high school student. Would the diesel spring fit in with with the lift? i know it would be a lot stiffer but i don't mind and this would reduce sag in the front. The springs are only like $100 or around there.

Post subject: Re: Jeep liberty diesel front springs in gas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

alexmorley wrote:
I have a 2006 limited jeep liberty with 165000 miles and ive had the daystar lift in for a year now and im starting to get some sag in the front with the stock 10 year old springs, and i know the ideal solution would be to buy the proper lift but im a broke high school student. Would the diesel spring fit in with with the lift? i know it would be a lot stiffer but i don't mind and this would reduce sag in the front. The springs are only like $100 or around there.

Stock springs are rated at 310 lb, the stock CRD are of course much more. But about the same as what the OME 927 front are that a lot run.
But finding low mileage ones that are also not starting to sag themselves may be a problem. Since they are heavier they sag as well.
But main issue you have is the sagging stockers and then adding that Daystar to them

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

if youre bones broke

get whatever springs you can get, throw the daystar in the garbage and figure out how to make a top plate and then buy 3 conduit nuts per side for a clevis lift and top plate , a 3/8ths top plate and 3 conduit nuts on new stock springs is about 1.5" of lift, without causing premature decimation of your springs, other than through the weight of the vehicle

just saying, daystar is a death sentence to captive coils

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

So if i get rid of the daystar could i do the 3 conduit nuts, 3/8ths top plate, and the kk clevis that's 1/2" longer for a total of around 2.5 inches? or would this height also cause premature sag of new coils and excess wear on my stock UCA? also ive started to design and make a custom winch bumper, in order to hold the extra weight would it be smarter to buy the crd coils? i don't mind a stiff suspension at all and would rather have a stiff suspension than a year from now sagging coils. Also i heard the kk clevis from 09 fits the best, but you can make any year fit, is this true?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

the stock crd springs are closer to the correct lbs/in that should have been on the gas KJ to begin with, they'll errode at a less than normal rate of gas stock springs but they still wont hold up as long as OME 927 or 790s

and yes any change in +height will increase the angle on the stock uca

if youre going to get the kk clevis, id put less in the conduit area of the clevis and see where the top plate and kk clevis leaves you, you dont actually have to put the conduit nuts in the clevis to level it, you can simply unbolt the top clevis bolt and wiggle it down a certain amount, stick the conduits against the side and tap the clevis back up until it's where you want it and measurably the same on both sides

or go the opposite route, and put them on, and if its higher than you want it , lower the clevis, cut one of the conduit nuts and remove the two halves of the nut and put the clevis back up

tom or someone will have to chime in as for specifics on the kk clevis, that's a route i never went

and just for reference, ive got a pretty heavy steel front and rear bumper, i use a 3/8th top plate and OME790s - it took about 20kmi for them to settle in and in, roughly 70kmi they sagged/settled about 1/4" , i was satisfied enough with the height in the front that i never reinstalled the conduit nuts that i had in the clevis - in regards to the uca, i ran 927ome and conduit nuts (about 3") with the stock uca's long enough to recognize that it was a problem that was going to happen, just the nature of the beast with the stock uca's - and its not that you can't lift with the stock uca's just keep in mind, you need to check them at regular intervals (well tbh, you need to check them at regular intervals even if you dont lift. heh)

L.O.S.T #KD098632

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you so much for the help. I will most likely pick up 926 or 927 front spring and use conduits and top plate to get my desired lift, then save up for the jba uca, and should be set. Anything else I should add?
:pepper:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

if you plan on adding a bumper , go with the 927s, theyre a little much when nothings on the front but settle down with some weight

L.O.S.T #KD098632