It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2005 liberty crd no crank no start
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:28 am 
LOST Newbie

I’ve been having an intermintent no crank no start for a few years progressively gottenworse. Ignition pin is good. New battery. Jumped the asd relay it will crank but not start. Swapped in another ecu that is not programmed to vehicle and it has the same symptoms. The red light is on the dash cluster/fuel gauge does not work when this problem arises. Usually takes about 100 cycles of the key to get it to start. I did take it to the stealership and they couldn’t figure it out. I miss my Jeep! Any help would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: 2005 liberty crd no crank no start
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:50 pm 

Is it "No Crank", starter does not do anything, does not engage and spin engine over when ign. key is turned to the start position, or is it "No Start", starter engages and spins engine over when ign. switch is turned to the "Start" position but engine does not start up?
Two different problems with different routes of diagnosing.

If the starter engages and spins engine over and you have loss of instrument cluster, red light & fuel gauge as you stated, then you have an electrical problem. Could be a bad ign. switch not providing power to the proper locations (sensors & relays) when you turn it to "Start" position.

Need more info to help diagnose issue properly.... :POPCORN:

Where are you located? Adding this information to your signature can be very helpful in case there are other owners in your area that might be willing to help you.

Quote:
Adding a signature, location, vehicle information, etc... to your profile can help others when trying to answer your questions or simply providing advice.
To add a signature, click on "User Control Panel", then "Profile", then "Edit Signature" where you can add your information. :rockon:
:SOMBRERO:

See picture below.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch