It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheep 2 1/2 inch lift for late comers like me.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:37 am 
LOST Newbie

I spent a few weeks browsing lostjeeps and checking out different videos on lifting JKs. It seems like most aftermarket support is winding down a bit. There are still excellent lift kits available, but truthfully Im not eager to drop thousands of dollars into a truck with 200k miles. I decided to take a non conventional approach to my lift.

CRD struts. $130.00 for a pair.
https://www.amazon.com/Shoxtec-Complete ... C91&sr=8-3

These are legit CRD struts with a 410 spring rate. I was estimating about a 1 inch lift from this set, after installation they seem to be giving me closer to an inch and a half.

Kk clevis forks.
Junk yard find. 10 dollars each

These are longer than my stock forks. 3/4 inch lift.

Conduit nuts. 3 on each side. $5.00
Another 3/4 inch lift.

Cheep chinese knock off control arms. $150
https://www.amazon.com/Control-Liberty- ... bXRm&psc=1

These are likely not going to last all that long. I fully expect to be replacing the bushings and ball joint within the year, but they are compatible with JBA hardware. I figure when these are shot, throw some quality bushings in there and she will he good to go.

All in, the front is now sitting 3 inches higher than stock. I expect it to settle to 2 1/2 after a while, but im pretty happy with how it turned out. Installation was not easy, but i was able to get it done in a day. My final measurement was 22 inches from center hub to the lip of my fender.

Total cost for this version of a 2 1/2 inch lift was under $300 dollars. Im going to do the rear next week. As of now, its looking like im going to go with OME springs and Bilstein shocks for a Dakota. Any suggestions are welcome tho. Im always interested in a non conventional approach is someone has an idea.

Post subject: Re: Cheep 2 1/2 inch lift for late comers like me.
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:57 am 
LOST Newbie

Lift is done. Finished off the rear with some OME springs. ://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004P9NLOE?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

My shocks got lost in the mail, so still a week out to get them put in. I trimmed my front bumper and am going after the front pinch weld this weekend. Super happy with how the jeep looks. Im on the lookout for a good roof rack and possibly a steel bumper up front, but for now shes ready to get out and get muddy.