It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:25 pm 
LOST Member

i dont miss that big arse rock at all. thought i was gonna roll the tj there a couple times. i hear running down it is really sketchy but i never felt the need.

i havent been up ther in a long time but i heard the plowed the back side (gillespie gulch) and made a gravel road. real bummer because it was a fun trail as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cool stuff! You really need a locker though, if you are going to do big rocks, a locker is needed.

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

That was sensational, both pics & vid.

I take it your a professional phototographer ? Or just a real enthusiast with good bloody talent ? Great composition, colour & focus on your stills. Your boxer looks right at home on those mountains, as do the Jeeps!! lol!! He seems really well behaved for a boxer pup !! :)

You know what would have been more impressive ? If you removed your front swaybar ;) Makes the stills & vids look better :D!!

Nice one.....

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

kevh wrote:
i dont miss that big arse rock at all. thought i was gonna roll the tj there a couple times. i hear running down it is really sketchy but i never felt the need.

i havent been up ther in a long time but i heard the plowed the back side (gillespie gulch) and made a gravel road. real bummer because it was a fun trail as well

It's true, GG is bladed mostly, but it'll be gated off in a couple of weeks anyway. The Nugget Hill road will be the only ingress and egress on the mountian now.

OzLtd wrote:
That was sensational, both pics & vid.

I take it your a professional phototographer ? Or just a real enthusiast with good bloody talent ? Great composition, colour & focus on your stills. Your boxer looks right at home on those mountains, as do the Jeeps!! lol!! He seems really well behaved for a boxer pup !! Smile

You know what would have been more impressive ? If you removed your front swaybar Wink Makes the stills & vids look better Very Happy!!

Nice one.....

Stu

Thanks again! My wife was actually the photographer for most shots, and yes, she's a trained pro. The boxer has been a great pet, and an amazing mountain companion, although he DID manage to turn on the water faucet in the back yard yesterday and flood the place while I was at work!! :lol: We actually had the swaybar off all day on this trip, but I guess none of the pics really captured it at the right moment. :shrug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:43 pm 
LOST Member

totally rad!!1
I love the Boxer too... total bad stupid jeep dog

Newman from CT
04 Liberty 3.7L 67k Miles Front\Rear Tow Hooks OEM Skid Plates Hella 500's Cobra 75 CB with 4' Firestick BFG 245/70/R16
Rock Rails by Ratmloud
Frankenlift
Al's Upper A-Arms
L.O.S.T. KJ Northeast# 023050
My First 4x4 Jeep Vehicle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:16 pm 
LOST Junkie

[/quote] We actually had the swaybar off all day on this trip, but I guess none of the pics really captured it at the right moment. :shrug:[/quote]

Really? I didnt notice! opps. Do you have really stiff front springs? or a spacer lift for that matter ?

The front of my KJ flexs' as quick & smooth as a disconnected TJ, but just not the travel :( !!

You wifes' a bloody great shot :wink: !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quote:
or a spacer lift for that matter ?

Yep, you nailed it. Stock springs, spacer lift, extended bumpstops. If any money gets thrown at the KJ, it'll be to convert to SFA.