It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: spacerlift rough country
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just installed the 2 inc spacerkit, but i got 5 cm(2 inch) of lift in the rear, and 9cm (3.5 inch) of lift in the front.
So the car is not level anymore, and i think the angles are overstressed and will be damaged when in use.
Allso, when driving with the steering wheel at full lock, the tyres are wringing
I think the reason is the lever ratio in the front suspension, so when the strut is 5cm longer, it will lift the car 9cm.

I am NOT happy with the result.

Is this normal?
What is the best way of reducing the front height? Cutting the rubber spacer possible ? What tool would you recommend?

PS: i am driving a 2003 diesel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:55 am 
LOST Newbie

no replys?

i heard that the rough country is the same as the daystar.
can annyone confirm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:47 pm 
LOST Member

yes, you can cut them down. We did it on a friend's TJ with one of those power saws with the thin blade similar to a hack saw blade.

That is a ton of lift for that ifs. It will probalby never be able to be aligned like that and will probably eat your ball joints too.

L.O.S.T. #006901
Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift & Diff Skid, 245/75-16 REVO's, K&N
****Grocery Rated****

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

flanders wrote:
no replys?

i heard that the rough country is the same as the daystar.
can annyone confirm?

No it is not. i have my Daystar 2.5" lift and my rig is perfectly leveled and handles great. You can have a look at some pictures in my website below.

2005 Liberty Sport 4X4 - Rock Rails - Frankenlift
- Ranchos RSX - 245/75/16 BFG AT KO - Full skids - Rock Rails - True Trac

Post subject: R C
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:32 pm 
LOST Member

I think that so far the RC lift has not had good results. It does seem to lift the front by 3.5"-4.0" and the rear only 2.0"-2.5". I think the clevis spacer that RC uses for the front is just too much lift for the front IFS to take.

I have the Rustys spacer kit (with the ott spacer not the poly puck) on my 2004. It lifted it 2.0" front & rear, clears 245/75-16 BFGs, it does have some light contact at the balljoints at full drop (on jack with both tires off ground) but the swaybar keeps them from hitting when wheelin.

The way that RC designed there clevis spacer it is just to long (lifts to much) Jeep just didn't build that much adjustment into the IFS.

Just what I have seem from the forum anyway.

Post subject: rough country lift
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

With that much lift, you will start eating the upper ball joints and the CV joints ain't going to be happy. You should get the Liberty aligned as soon as possible, if you are going to keep the lift. The toe gets pushed way out (of specification, and the tires pull inward, wearing out the ouside of your tires. :wink: )

This is interesting, I haven't heard much about the clevis spacers. Thanks for the post, and good luck.

Al

Last edited by Jeepin Al on Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: rough country lift
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeepin Al wrote:
With that much lift, you will start eating the upper ball joints and the CV joints ain't going to be happy. You should get the Liberty aligned as soon as possible, if you are going to keep the lift. The toe gets pushed way out.

This is interesting, I haven't heard much about the clevis spacers. Thanks for the post, and good luck.

Al

The toe goes in when you lift a KJ. :wink:

L.O.S.T. #DA050656
Republica de Tejas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

there is no clevis-spacer in my kit, only a poly spacer under the spring and a new steel top plate ( i think it is to lenghen the shocks).

i have cut down the poly spacer about 1/2 inch, the car is level now, i have about 2.5 inc of lift.

an other thing is that there was no rubber bushing with the kit on top of the shock, and she original did not fit the new steel top plate, we had to fix something ourselves

Post subject: roughcountry
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:46 am 
LOST Member

That's odd... all of the pics i have of the RC lift use new rear springs & a steel clamp style clevis lift. I was not aware that they were making poly-pucs too. The taller upper mount with poly-puc sounds more like RRO Rockfather kit.

I think Rockcrawler.com did a story on thr RC lift. Have to go look.

Post subject: Rough Country
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:51 am 
LOST Member

Yes, rockcrawler.com did do a short story on it with a pic. This is the only Rough Country lift that I knew of. Do they have more than one now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

My mechanic bought the kit in the states for me, he says the brand is rough country, but he tells me it is the same as daystar, they only put their logo on the package.

Post subject: rough country
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:32 am 
LOST Member

I think your mechanic needs to get better info before he pays for stuff.

Just talked to Rough Country today.

The Rough Country kit is part # 1692 price is $359.00 US direct from Rough Country. It comes with billet aluminum front spacers (clevis clamps), new rear coil springs, and rear Heckthorn Nitro shocks.

If the kit he got for you isn't this, he probably sold you the Daystar kit which should have been much cheaper. I quote "A Rough Country box doesn't mean a Rough Country part inside".

No big thing as long as you got it working good now.

I had problems installing my Rustys ott front spacers when I got them. Had to grind and lengthen the bolt holes to get them to line up. When I called Rustys to ask if this was normal, I was told it was imposible for the holes to be wrong because they were cut by a computer guided laser. (nothing is imposible) I never could get the tech to beleave that they were wrong.

That's Life Right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I had bought a rough country lift and there was some confusion because I had the pre lowered jeep and I ordered the 3" lift. Of course this wouldn't work and a rep from RC called to confirm the information I gave with the order was correct.
I did receive a Daystar lift sold by RC.

Daystar rear spacers and Rancho Shocks
1/2" Clevis Lift
AEM Bruteforce CAI
Magnaflo CatBack exhaust
65MM throttle body
Life time lost # TN059456

Post subject: RC lift
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:54 pm 
LOST Member

I see your point..

I supose stranger things have happened. Just odd that they would repack the daystar kit as RC, should just tell people that their kit won't fit '01-'02 model.