It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL LIFT KIT THREAD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:17 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joey671 wrote:
IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT MY LIFT... HELP PLEASE??? it hs skyjackers on it with 31s but I have no idea what lift it is

Pictures of lift would help

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Im getting ready to buy a Jeepin by Al 6" KJ lift. Are there any pictures of anyone on this site who've used this lift before???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:16 pm 
LOST Junkie

CRD Joe wrote:
Im getting ready to buy a Jeepin by Al 6" KJ lift. Are there any pictures of anyone on this site who've used this lift before???
Are you regearing and doing a steel diff too? What size tires do you plan on running?

L.O.S.T. #31000

'03 KJ Freedom Edition - 4" JBA Coilover Lift w/ 32" Cooper STT PROs
'98 XJ Sport - 6" Full-Traction 4-Link Long Arm - Jeepspeed #2731 (Race Jeep)

DobermanRacing.com - Team Driver
Sponsored by UltRanger & CellTech

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

So i have been looking at JBA lifts for my 07 two wheel drive. Can anyone tell me if i need to cut down the cv shafts for a 2.5"lift. Or is that only needed for 4'' lifts and up? Here is the link to the kits i have decided to go with. Thank you! http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007 ... ms-kj.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:30 pm 

808koah858 wrote:
So i have been looking at JBA lifts for my 07 two wheel drive. Can anyone tell me if i need to cut down the cv shafts for a 2.5"lift. Or is that only needed for 4'' lifts and up? Here is the link to the kits i have decided to go with. Thank you! http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007 ... ms-kj.html

Only with 4 inches and above lifts
Great kit, run 4 inch one and 2.5 inch one nothing better

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you Tom. I have another question. If i go with the 2.5 lift does it make sense to replace stock Rear Lower Control Arms with these http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007 ... ounts.html Rear Lower Long Control Arms? Vs. buying new stock RLCA's or replacing the bushings in the original stock RLCA's ?

My thought process is while i have my suspension apart i need to upgrade/put in all new stuff ,sway bar bushings, wheels hubs ,rear upper ball joint and so on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:04 pm 

808koah858 wrote:
Thank you Tom. I have another question. If i go with the 2.5 lift does it make sense to replace stock Rear Lower Control Arms with these http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007 ... ounts.html Rear Lower Long Control Arms? Vs. buying new stock RLCA's or replacing the bushings in the original stock RLCA's ?

My thought process is while i have my suspension apart i need to upgrade/put in all new stuff ,sway bar bushings, wheels hubs ,rear upper ball joint and so on.

iF THE REAR LOWERS ARE BAD JUST REPLACE WITH A GOOD QUALITY ( SOME OF THE CHEAPER ONES AREN'T WORTH BUYING)
LONG ARMS AREN'T REALLY NEEDED UNTIL HIGHER LIFTS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

This is my '04 with 60K miles. I picked her up in NJ so there's some rust of course. I installed OME Springs and Bilstein shocks today. I put a Flowmaster Super 44 on her last week. Next tint.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:41 pm 

angelis_digital wrote:

This is my '04 with 60K miles. I picked her up in NJ so there's some rust of course. I installed OME Springs and Bilstein shocks today. I put a Flowmaster Super 44 on her last week. Next tint.

Good looking Jeep! Need any advice or questions answered, just ask, lot of willing helpful members on this forum.... :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

angelis_digital wrote:

Are you happy with the flowmaster? Converter still on?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:28 am 

stompertoo wrote:

I have a Flowmaster 942542 Series 40 Delta Flow installed, NO STICKING CAT!
Replaced CAT and connections with a single straight piece of 2.5" exhaust tubing.
CAT not needed on this motor unless you have to withstand visual emissions inspection. Even then, you can remove CAT, bust all the guts out of it and re-install for visual appearances!
There are NO O2 sensors on this vehicle, so removing the CAT does NOT trip any DTC's!

Super nice mellow tone, fit perfect where OEM muffler was installed! :wink:

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:15 pm 

WWDiesel wrote:
stompertoo wrote:

Replaced CAT and connections with a single straight piece of 2.5" exhaust tubing.
CAT not needed on this motor unless you have to withstand visual emissions inspection. Even then, you can remove CAT, bust all the guts out of it and re-install for visual appearances!
There are NO O2 sensors on this vehicle, so removing the CAT does NOT trip any DTC's!

BUT you also have a CRD, completely different than a gasser not sure if he ( stompertoo ) has a gasser but if so the Flowmaster sucks . Just look up Flowmaster Droning )
Much better mufflers out there

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:36 pm 

tommudd wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
stompertoo wrote:

BUT you also have a CRD, completely different than a gasser not sure if he ( stompertoo ) has a gasser but if so the Flowmaster sucks . Just look up Flowmaster Droning )
Much better mufflers out there

Have dual Flowmasters on my Dodge 360 gaser 4x4 with NO CAT! Love the way they sound, absolutely no droning, nice mellow tone! But I always keep tailpipes in service to exit under rear bumper! Might make a difference? :wink:
Can't believe everything you read.... :roll:

"Much better mufflers out there" True, but at a much higher cost and I am not sure they are of that much of better quality! But that is just my opinion! :2cents:
Bottom line, install and run what you like! :|

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

2.5" lift with OME HD Springs and Bilstein shocks. Fenders are at 22" all around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Quote:

For the most part I'm happy with it. The drone comes and goes. I just try and drive around it but sometimes there's no avoiding it. The idle sound has to be the coolest but driving is alright. I'm on the look for something with more rumble.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:03 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
I just spent a whole afternoon with this little monster strapped to a Mustang chassis dynamometer.
I have the Flowmaster 50 Series listed in my sig. Between the hood up engine noise, and the tires on the rolls, I couldn't even hear the exhaust. The guy running the dyno had to walk to the rear of the jeep to hear it. He said it has a nice deep tone but it's so quiet the cooper AT3's drown it out, and they're pretty quiet tires compared to most.

If you want something that's subdued but nice when idling / driving, but gets rowdy when under throttle, check out Gibson MWA line.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:53 am 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
If you want something that's subdued but nice when idling / driving, but gets rowdy when under throttle, check out Gibson MWA line.

Thanks for the tip...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey everybody. New to the board. Just picked up an 04 Liberty. Love it. Want to level it out but don't want a harsh ride. Won't be taking it rock climbing. I live in the foothills of Colorado, down 7 miles of very rough road, so I need something that can handle the rough ride. I need suggestions from you all as to the best set-up for me. OME coils in front with a set of good shocks all the way around ? I'm ok with a slight lift all the way around, but I want it level. Also trying to keep the cost down somewhat, but not at the expense (so to speak) of a crappy set-up.

Any suggestions ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:43 pm 

benherr wrote:
Hey everybody. New to the board. Just picked up an 04 Liberty. Love it. Want to level it out but don't want a harsh ride. Won't be taking it rock climbing. I live in the foothills of Colorado, down 7 miles of very rough road, so I need something that can handle the rough ride. I need suggestions from you all as to the best set-up for me. OME coils in front with a set of good shocks all the way around ? I'm ok with a slight lift all the way around, but I want it level. Also trying to keep the cost down somewhat, but not at the expense (so to speak) of a crappy set-up.
Any suggestions ?

Welcome!
OME springs and Bilstein shocks/struts; add a 1/2" clevis spacer on front struts you can either make yourself from conduit nuts or purchase some from JBA along with the springs and shocks are a very good setup for the Jeep Liberty without breaking the bank. :wink: > https://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007-kj.html
Shock Warehouse is also another good place to purchase Bilstein and other brand shocks at low prices with free shipping:> http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks WWDiesel. As our roads are extremely bumpy, do you think medium springs (926) all the way around would work ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next