It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: BUMPERS THREAD - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

added, sorry I'm not the best at taking pictures

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am 
LOST Newbie

Where can you buy the ARB bumper? I have found a few places but never delt with any of them before.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi all I am starting my build sheet for my 02 kj and I pretty much have everything down of what I want and where to get it. The issue I am running into is rear bumpers. I would love a rock lizard but according to the site they aren't taking orders at the moment. I found others at blue lake and tag but there are far too many horror stories going around about tag and the fact that they share product pictures with blue lake makes me think they are one in the same( and both being located in ga). If anyone has a place that I may not have found yet It would be appreciated. Or if it would just be easier to bumble my way through making my own... It can't be that hard right??? Lmao

02 black kj limited (stock for now)
85 sportster black apes, flat black tins everything else gloss black.
2012 john Deere x320 lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kjk9 wrote:
Hi all I am starting my build sheet for my 02 kj and I pretty much have everything down of what I want and where to get it. The issue I am running into is rear bumpers. I would love a rock lizard but according to the site they aren't taking orders at the moment. I found others at blue lake and tag but there are far too many horror stories going around about tag and the fact that they share product pictures with blue lake makes me think they are one in the same( and both being located in ga). If anyone has a place that I may not have found yet It would be appreciated. Or if it would just be easier to bumble my way through making my own... It can't be that hard right??? Lmao

Yeah, stay away from TAG! they look ugly too! (in my opinion)

RL is about the only place to get one, he (they) should be taking orders soon, but if you are in a hurry you'll have to find a custom route.

See these two:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=53248

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=64756

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 am 
LOST Newbie

Awesome threads thanks!! Not really in a hurry but it is cold and nasty out a little time teaching myself to weld may be in order.
I noticed you have an arb front, I have had my eye on one for over a year now just wanted to ask if the quality and fit match up to the hype?

Thanks again.

2012 john Deere x320 lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:32 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

hard to beat a ARB
mines been through a lot in the past 8 years

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
hard to beat a ARB
mines been through a lot in the past 8 years

X2

I was hesitant because of size, but my wife actually convinced me and I am sure glad! ARB is expensive BUT top notch, you get your money's worth. Plus like tommudd says, I now have somewhere to set my beer :SOMBRERO:

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the feed back guys. valuable information as always arb is number three on the list.

2012 john Deere x320 lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

arengant wrote:
kjk9 wrote:

RL is about the only place to get one, he (they) should be taking orders soon, but if you are in a hurry you'll have to find a custom route.

See these two:

So is it confirmed that BLO is the same as TAG? They have much better pricing and I really don't want to have to wait until RL is taking orders again. BLO only lists their rear bumpers as compatible with 01-04 and I have an 06. I emailed them about this and they replied that they do believe the rear will fit but have not verified it yet. If anybody has info on Blue Lake Offroad and if the 01-04 & 06 rears are the same it would be a great help.

ARP HEAD STUDS
GDE HOT TUNE
FLORIDA TORQUE CONVERTER
WEEKS KIT
JBA UCA’s
Etecno 5v Glow Plugs
Updated Fuel Filter Head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TXriverrat wrote:
arengant wrote:
kjk9 wrote:

See these two:

So is it confirmed that BLO is the same as TAG? They have much better pricing and I really don't want to have to wait until RL is taking orders again. BLO only lists their rear bumpers as compatible with 01-04 and I have an 06. I emailed them about this and they replied that they do believe the rear will fit but have not verified it yet. If anybody has info on Blue Lake Offroad and if the 01-04 & 06 rears are the same it would be a great help.

Waiting is worth it if you plan on using and or keeping your jeep IMHO...

BLO's website

TAG's website

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

heres my custom Jobby...a joint venture with Trail Head Customs and myself I guess you could say...

picture quality isnt the greatest BUT im super happy with the outcome, and it almost looks factory

Last edited by toy_vw on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 am 
LOST Member

toy_vw wrote:
heres my custom Jobby...a joint venture with Trail Head Customs and myself I guess you could say...

quality isnt the greatest BUT im super happy with the outcome, and it almost looks factory

Watch your temps this summer. You are blocking a TON of your inter-cooler, radiator, and AC condenser.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:46 am 
LOST Addict

Nice work guys...keep it up

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:32 am 
LOST Newbie

Rich wrote:
Watch your temps this summer. You are blocking a TON of your inter-cooler, radiator, and AC condenser.

Last summer...I had no Viscous fan. and as you can see in the pic no electric fan...only ever got "hot" towing my 24 ft cuddy cabin up a hill in 70F...ive now installed an electric flexlite fan in place of the viscous monstrosity...but being 10f outside i dont anticipate getting hot...coasting through traffic will see very little airflow anyways,relying on the engine fan to draw air through across the coolers and on the highway, theres plenty of grill open to the elements...not to mention the lower portion of the bumper is still open...

When your offroading at a snails pace though mud and high hell your fan is doing all the work..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:18 pm 

Rock Monitor Convertible Winch Bumper
Had the ARB for 8 years, time to change it up
Please note mounting plate for winch is mounted upside down for a reason in the following pics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:44 am 
LOST Junkie

Looks great. Im removing my ARB and putting on the Rock Monitor on Sunday Any install tips or photos?

30x9.5x15 General Grabbers AT2 on Craiger Soft 8's 15x7 4" BS
safari rack, super nerfs, Rear Hitch, Front ARB Bumper , JBA A-Arms

http://www.BennyMigsPhoto.com

Post subject: BUMPERS THREAD - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:18 pm 
LOST Member

My rocklizardfabrication center section with custom wings. Incomplete but you get the idea. I bent up the rl corners so decided to make smaller ones.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Custom built by me

Start of my rear bumper

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:11 pm 
LOST Addict

With xrc8

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:27 pm 
LOST Member

Need to trim a bit and put the grill on. I'll take more pictures when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next