It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upper A arms
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Anybody have any advice on replacing the upper arms. My ball joints are due and I would like to get a tubular arm if they are available. Or at least a decent price on a factory replacement.

Ramsey 8500,
homemade rockrails and frt bumper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:53 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Check Jeepin Al's post on lift experiment. I know he made custom ones with grease nobs on them, so they can be greased. Maybe he can point you in a good direction if he doesn't have any to sell.

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If Al's still selling them, I highly recommend his replacement arms. I have one of the first set's he sold and it's great. No problems at all, and the ball joints no longer rub with my lift. Additionally, everytime I take the jeep in for service the shop owner tells me how much better the ball joints from Al are compared to the originals. The shop owner used to race Cascar (Canadian stock car) and says they're the same balljoints he used to use in his race cars :-)

http://www.ltlowe.ca/liberty/

Post subject: upper ball joints
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I still have a couple of sets made up, PM me or go to jeepinbyal.com.

Al

PS Welcome back Lowel, I haven't seen you lately on the boards, and thanks for the good press! And I am very very happy the arms are working well! How many miles have you put on them. PM me, I have a new set of grease boots that fit better, if you like them?