It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4x4 Low range at Mt Pilchuck
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

So we took out 05 4cly 4x4 out yesterday for round two of getting to know my KJ. I had my wife with me my three year old and my 9 month old. So I had to keep her safe and sane. I promised my wife that there was a prize at the end of the old loging trail( there is a beautiful senic view where you can see the ocean as well as down town Seattle, and here we are about 100miles away from both)
We crawled along untill I got to a familiar spot where I knew I would have to engage 4 low. Something I learned about the Jeep. When you engage 4 low in the 4cl 6speed the rpm's automatically jump up about 750 rpm's. This allowed my to take my foot off of the clutch and roll up the obstacle without engine bogging or stalling. There was of course a few times where I had to put my foot in it ,but just a little feature that I learned about my Jeep.
The suspension still amazes me, to feel her strech and reach for the obstacle is a pleasure. 1st gear is great 2nd gear is great 3rd is a dog but I dont plan on going up a obstacle at 40mph, may be when I was 16 years old but much wiser now at 29, its all about feeling my rig work it out in the terrain.
Hooked for life. I also noticed I need some skidplates and a 2.5 inch lift would be nice. See ya at the top. You may wait but Ill be there!

*SUPPORT OUR TROOPS*

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2133013

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:33 pm 
LOST Member

ahh another 1st time jeep owner like myself. That feeling you get the first time off road is pretty awesome. So you have a 4 cylinder 6speed AND 4x4??? DEFINATELY a rare KJ. Got any pics of her?

-LOST #005816
-2003 KJ Sport
-3.7L V6
-235/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO'S
-Factory Fogs
-Sunroof
-Custom Mounted Mag Lite
-Jeep Stainless Steel Coffee Mug
-Autozone Rubber Floor Mats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Welcome to the 6speed Liberty club :-)

Post subject: Pictures
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

None yet as my digital seems to be busted after we abused it on our first son. I really need to get it up and running to show you all the effort of my 4 cly. Yes its a 4x4. I grew up in Hollister Hills Ca and they have a huge recreation park there must be a few thousand acres. Half is for dirt bikes and the other half is for trucks, Jeeps, Etc. I had a 22RE growing up Toyota 4cly 4 speed 33 inch tires 3 inch lift etc etc. Its was a blast. Then at 18 i went to the Marines as a H1 driver in Kuwait.
I love the lifestyle but have never owned a Jeep. I went through Land Rovers, Tacomas, and troopers. I know that there is definatley a limit the 4cly will take me, but I see it as a opportyunity to take a diffrent line on the trail than I would with a 6 or 8. That is how I have been wheeling my 05, respecting the lines on the trail and letting the Jeep pull me through working with her as she flexes reaches and begs for more. I LOVE IT.

*SUPPORT OUR TROOPS*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:04 pm 
LOST Addict

so the question came up awhile back about gas mileage on the 6speed 4cyl - what have you experienced on it (before and after lifting)?

Post subject: Gas milage
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am at 25 mpg. The best I have had it is at 27 and that was shifting at 3000 rpm. The good deal is my MPG did not seem to change even after being in 4wheel all day stayed at 25mpg. I am loving it as I traded in my 1999 trooper that was getting 13, at 3.00 a gallon the jeep is paying for its self. I am in the process of lifting. I was down at 4wheel parts accesories today and I am going with the Skyjacker Platinum Series Linear Scoil 2.5" I think I will keep the meats at 30" and leave it there should be plenty of tire. How is the 6 with the gas, What lift did you get? Do you like it?

*SUPPORT OUR TROOPS*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I like the OME w/ HD springs from All-J's.

L.O.S.T. #DA050656
Republica de Tejas