It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: disconnection
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:03 am 
LOST Member

I think that the only real disconnection going on in this thread is a censorship issue. Where would a new KJ owner go for this information except for the leading liberty web site on the web??? We're the ones doing exotic modification and experimenting with unique parts and setups. Opinions from manufacturers will always be tainted with a marketing stigma. Certainly dealers are not the ones to provide information that could cause harm if used incorrectly. No. it must be individuals who are willing to take a chance and do something different. They(we) should offer opinions based on fact and experience. As with everything else in life,, buyer beware,, or some such rot.

At least this is the web site which emabled me to spend too much money, waste too much time, damage my liberty, harm myself,, and love every minute :D

Maybe we need a ,,, HOLD HARMLESS,,,, clause which must be signed-off prior to becoming a LOST member. Kind of like the printing on Mcdonalds coffee cups that says,, DANGER, CONTENT HOT,,,, or the printing on car front windor shades that says,,, DO NOT DRIVE WITH SHADE IN PLACE. I forsee,,,, CAUTION: JOINING OR BEING EXPOSED TO LOST IN ANYWAY MAY BE DANGEROUS TO YOU OR YOUR LIBERTY'S HEALTH!

Maybe we need a LOST member rating system that could identify LOST members who are just plane nutz,,,, so we'd know who's modifications and rigs we ought not frequent. " I ain't riding with him,,, he's a 9.5 on the rating scale,, darn near killed his self last time out,,,, and parts keep dropping off "

Eddo:

Quote:
I think the issues is somewhat a labiality one

I couldn't agree more,, and I like how you think 8)

SethX9"

Quote:
It's not the number of posts or sending in $30 that pops the newbie cherrie

I've been looking for that cherrie,, where'd it go?

Calvin56:

Quote:
My experience with the front disco:
It helps on the trail, it made some obstacles a little easier.
It was a pain in the but to unhook and hook back up for the benefits
The Jeep drove like a dizzy elephant on the road to the trailhead.

Thanks for the straight talk on sway bar disco. Now I know :shock:

get muddy

[/quote]

3" Lift 265 Cooper Discoverer S/T
Brushguard Diff Guard
Skids & Rails

The difference between me and a madman is: I'm not mad! (Salvador Dali)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:36 am 

Quote:
I think that the only real disconnection going on in this thread is a censorship issue. Where would a new KJ owner go for this information except for the leading liberty web site on the web??? We're the ones doing exotic modification and experimenting with unique parts and setups. Opinions from manufacturers will always be tainted with a marketing stigma. Certainly dealers are not the ones to provide information that could cause harm if used incorrectly. No. it must be individuals who are willing to take a chance and do something different. They(we) should offer opinions based on fact and experience. As with everything else in life,, buyer beware,, or some such rot.

There's no "censorship" going on. Talk about front discos all you like. My original post was in regard to one particular front disco that everybody always gets bent out of shape over. I was trying to avoid that, but this just seems to be a hot button issue.

To bring some newer folks up to speed here are the facts...a high quality front disconnect was developed. It will not be sold for a variety of different reasons that I won't / can't go in to (cause I don't even know all of them). The design won't be just thrown out here. Some guys spent some serious $$$ and time developing it and to give away the design would be an insult. Finally, we don't want guys running out and trying to duplicate this thing for safety/liability reasons. If they did a poor job of it things could turn out very badly. We have to respect the wishes of the original developers on this one - it has nothing to do with censorship.

If you want to develop your own that's great. Show us your design and we'll offer opinions and discuss it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:38 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

There have been alot of excellent comments about this Disc topic...I've been around here for a few years and can tell you that this is a very sensitive subject which is demonstated by the very experienced members that I gaurentee were the 1st of the general public to disco a KJ have refrained from commenting at all (I know they've seen the topic).

There are all kinds of people on this board...from the timid to thrillseekers and even a couple of Fools. Given that fact, what one person thinks is an acceptable risk may be way more than what you think is ok.

For those newer folks that are really wondering what the heck this is all about...Disconnecting your front swaybar makes a difference yes...is it necessary to do...NOT AT ALL. So if your riding the fence on this ...just let it go... dont bother with it your going to be able to do the same trails as the disco'd KJ's...and if not, just take another line, you'll get there.

And for those "seasoned kj'rs.." go wheel and stop all this whining !

Good luck...

8)