It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ARB compressor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I wanted to know if it is possible to use the air compressor from the air locker to reinflate your tires after a run... could you rig the air lines so that there is a Y-adapter where one side works for the Locker, and the other side has a valve with an air line for tire inflation on the other side... Just close the valve when you're not airing up the tires?? and then have a valve that you can close for the locker as well?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question. I dont know if this is even possible, just an idea rolling around in my head... You know, if it works, you could even do that 4-way air lines setup to inflate all the tires at once... :shock:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/304497/1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:17 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

ARB Part # PUKT...

Works like a champ. Old champ, kinda slow. But it works. If you already have our compressor, buy it for not a lot of money. It takes about 15 mins to fill up 4 tires our size to 35-40 PSI with it.

And there you go...

Used to have: 02 Rene w/ SFA Swap. Sold... I'll miss her
New Baby is an 07 1500 Dodge HEMI
6" Lift and lots O Go Fast parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:14 pm 
LOST Member

as said before, you can air up with it, but it takes forever. most people add a small tank into the system so you have more air waiting when it coms to fill up and you dont have to run as much straight off the compressor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:32 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Seth, have you gus changed the design, or did I get an older than hell pump too???

Mine takes about 15 minutes to inflate 1 tire from 18psi to 35psi!!! That is with the ARB Part # PUKT pump kit! I know mine is far too old to do warranty stuff, but I knew no better when it was new and everyone around me said it was normal so I dealt with it.

My suggestion from experience is if you do not have the ARB pump already, and are not getting lockers then just buy a 12volt compressor from auto zone, it will be just as quick. If you already have the pump, then you could make a pump kit with the correct fittings. If you look at your pump, the pukt kit goes in the center threaded spot between the two locker airline spots on the side of the ARB pump. Just be sure you get the right fittings and also check with ARB to compare your parts list price and their pukt kit price. I would also double check warranty issues before you hand make it if your warranty is still good.

Also if you do get the kit, let me know how long yours takes to inflate. Went out with david and Joel, and they beat me using 12 volt plug in compressors, and they aired up higher than I did!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:48 pm 

Don't tell anyone, but I have a big booty bottle in the back of mine that I use when no one is looking. Cost me about $200 and I can do all 4 in about 5 mins at the same time....do a lot of snow runs up here...gotta have it!

The PUKT works, but our compressor is designed to do 1 thing, run the locker. You can fill a tire with it in a pinch.... and if you already have one and don't want to spend the cash on a bottle, the PUKT is the way to go. Otherwise...get a bottle. Or our portable compressor kicks booty, too...Part # RDCPA runs on 12 volts, as good as anyone elses in a nice kit to keep it from getting beat up.

You never saw me.... I was never here.... :D

Used to have: 02 Rene w/ SFA Swap. Sold... I'll miss her
New Baby is an 07 1500 Dodge HEMI
6" Lift and lots O Go Fast parts