It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Interesting Daystar lift info...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:49 pm 
LOST Addict

Please forgive me for all the posts about Daystar lifts. I've never put a suspension lift on one of my vehicles before and I'm trying to make sure I get what I want the first time...

So anyway.. after doing some Internet research and looking at various sites, it appears that there are two different "sizes" of Daystar lift kits. One set is marketed as a 2.5" lift kit front and rear and includes the spacers, etc. to do the job. Another kit is labeled as a 1.5" front/2.0" rear spacer kit and it's $75 cheaper or so.

Now, after looking around for a while it appears that Daystar only makes ONE rear spacer and it's actually the 2.0" spacer. So regardless of which kit you buy, you are getting the 2.0" spacer in the rear. That means the only true difference is the front. One kit has a 2.5" spacer in the front, one kit has a 1.5" spacer in the front. Again, the rear is identical on both, it's the front that's different (and the price).

So now I'm trying to decide if it's really worth it for me to spend the extra $75 for an additional 1" in the front. I could use that $75 for rear shocks instead. I do some off-roading but nothing major like the Rubicon, and my off-roading is only one weekend per month at the most. I just want to clear 245/75-16 with no rubbing. Will 1.5" of lift in the front let me clear that size tire OK? Or would you guys recommend going ahead with the 2.5" kit in the front?

Heck, for that matter...is it really true that the 2.5" Daystar kit comes with the same 2.0" rear spacer that the 1.5" kit does? Looks like it to me but I'm not certain. I'm just trying to sort all these kits out. It's mind boggling... :roll:

2005 Stone White KJ Limited CRD 4x4
Off-Road Pkg
Trac-Lok
Emu 790s/948s
Skyjacker H7088s rear/Bilsteins front
15x7 Black Rock Lobos/31x10.50 Firestones
GDE HOT Tune + TCM Tune
Euro TC
CB radio
Thrush Turbo muffler
AEM DryFlow filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:03 pm 

I've always thought the 2.5" kit looked a little high in the front. So this could be why.

Post subject: Hope that helps.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yes that is correct becaused the rear sits higher to start with...but I will say...the 2.5 is the way to go. Another thing is you have the CRD. The daystar 2.5 will work the best fior you. maybe before you place an order call Quinn at All J products and he can answer all your questions. 909-760-4800. hope that helps. Later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:46 am 
LOST Addict

OK cool. Thanks guys. :wink:

2005 Stone White KJ Limited CRD 4x4
Off-Road Pkg
Trac-Lok
Emu 790s/948s
Skyjacker H7088s rear/Bilsteins front
15x7 Black Rock Lobos/31x10.50 Firestones
GDE HOT Tune + TCM Tune