It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lift install question.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:41 pm 
LOST Member

I just installed Rusty's 2.5' lift on my Liberty this weekend. It was much easier than I thought. Biggest problem I had was having the wrong spring compressor. Thankfully I found a open auto parts store on a Sunday that could swap the struts. After the install, I am getting a clunk on the passanger side when going over some speed bumps or even going down the highway. Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:21 pm 
:twisted:

Last edited by Guest on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:07 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for the info. I looked at the dustboots and they seem ok. Will have to take a good look this weekend after I get it aligned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:12 pm 
LOST Member

So the clunk turned out to be a loose swaybar bolt. A little advice for people installing a lift themselves, tighten up the swayabar bolts with some load on the suspension. I think the bar was misaligned when I had no load on the front suspension. After I tightened up the swaybar, it must have realigned itself with the first pothole I drove thru. The bolt then started to loosen up and the clunking began. Now it is nice and quite, makes me feel better driving down the road. :lol: