It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: wheels and tires
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:04 pm 
LOST Member

i have a crd with a 2.5 lift, now i want to put wheels and tires , im looking for a wheel and tire package that wont stick out past the fender , i hear its hard to find something due to the offset. any help on this thanks

Last edited by redcrd on Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:14 pm 

So am I reading you right...you want a wheel that does not stick out past the fender flair, but you don't want to use the stock wheel? The stock wheel obviously doesn't stick out past the fender flair.

There are lots of wheels with different offsets so I guess maybe I don't understand the question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:32 pm 
LOST Member

Skyjump136 wrote:
So am I reading you right...you want a wheel that does not stick out past the fender flair, but you don't want to use the stock wheel? The stock wheel obviously doesn't stick out past the fender flair.

There are lots of wheels with different offsets so I guess maybe I don't understand the question.

im looking for a wheel and tire package that wont stick out max 1" past the fender.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:35 pm 

Do you want steel or alloy? Mud tires or ATs?

A lot of people run the Rubicon rims and MTRS on their lifted KJs and those fit just about perfectly. Generally you can get some takeoffs for close to $750 (all 5 wheels and tires) if that's the route you want to go.

Post subject: Rims and tires from a Rubicon
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My friend from the service department at the Jeep dealership said that someone wants to sell the stock Rubicon rims and tires (MTR's ??) from his Rubicon. He lifted and is getting bigger tires and rims.

He said that the package of 5 is priced at $1100.

I have BFG 245x70x16 AT KO's. Don't think that I would get enough improvement to be worth $1100.

This might be a way that you can upgrade though if you can find a Rubicon owner upgrading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:56 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

If you look around you should be able to pick up the Rubicon Wheels tires from 500-800 bucks with less than 4000 miles on them. I've done it twice 1st time for 550 and the second for 700. There is a set of them on the Rubicon Owners Club for 800 right now but you'd have to figure shipping from CA. I've seen them in other parts of the country so just keep your eyes peeled....join Rubicon Owners Club (ROC) and others , You'll find them.

Here is the post:

LT245/75R16 31" MT/R Tires & 16"x8" Moab Wheels. Available after October 28. Lift and new tires going on at Xtreme Unlimited.

These wheels are from a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. They are in excellent condition. No scratches or curb marks at all. 4 tires have will have less than 2000 road miles on them and the spare has never been used. Asking $800 OBO. Located in the Central Valley California near Modesto. If you have any questions please email @ tmaxwell@appleisp.net or PM.

Good luck

I wonder when Jeep will offer a Rubicon Edition KJ..they'd sell like hotcakes w/ a frankenlift , boulder bars , super skid and ARB Lockers.