It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Well you know Troy if you dont have a place to park that KJ I have room in the garage! :lol: :lol: :lol: Of course your diffs may be swapped out for mine by then but hey free storage right??

Hard to pass up $$ 90,000 plus for sure, be careful though martys going to need you in one piece !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

Best of luck to you too Troy...you could park that KJ of yours at my house and I'd drive it for you so it stays in excellent working condition until you return... 8)

Stay safe and come back ready to crank out the KJ/KK accessories.

LOST#99, Mid-Atlantic LOST
Blue 2003 KJ Sport

RL Super Skinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Marty,

Thank you so much for YOUR time and YOUR patience. This board has been good to you but you have been good to us and shown us all that good things, mind that, GREAT things, are worth the wait. You make great products. I just discovered how great they really are. I just received the Gecko roof rack that I have been squaking about. It is more than worth the wait.

I have only a minor understanding of what you have been going through receently. Sounds like enough to make most other men crack a hell of a lot sooner. Sounds like you need your family as much as they need you. Get your center back and get back to your passion as soon as you can. I know it is a passion, not just a job. I can see that in the Gecko.

Take care and thank you for the rack and the artistry.

Troy,

Keep your head down and be safe. I know Marty and all of us here have come to depend on you for your expertise and level headedness (something I loose now and then here).

Both of you, God's speed and be safe.

Now that I have said all that...

Where the hell are my Skinks?????

Peace Marty!!!

'07 Ltd 3.7L, Black, OME HD's, OME shocks, Mopar Skids, AEV Bridgers w/ TPMS, Kumho KL78's, ARB Bumper, KC 130 Watters, Warn M8000 Winch, Rock Lizard Gecko Roof Basket KC 150 watters, Cobra 75WSX, 3 ft FireFly, RL Super Step Skinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:10 am 
LOST Addict

WoodysKJ wrote:
Marty,

Now that I have said all that...

Where the hell are my Skinks?????

Peace Marty!!!

:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:18 pm 
LOST Junkie

I have a feeling you'll need to be plenty stocked up when you reopen the doors! :lol: I'm sure you'll have an order from me by that time as well!

Tow Hooks ~ HH Rear Hitch
Hella 500's

gwip Design

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:31 pm 
LOST Addict

I offered my assistance earlier just to set the record straight I'm not asking for a job. Pay for my Gas and thats all I will work for you and help in all ways I can. I have worked for independent business before, as a LOST brother I only offer to help and when finished we shake hands and go on our Merry way. Despite my disability issues. I have assets to offer to you.
Respectfully
David

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:32 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Wow, thanks for all the support. I've had several people contact me about helping out, and it is greatly appreciated. I may end up needing some help sometime in the near future, but not right at the moment. Found out today Troy isn't going anywhere now, so that is a big relief, although I was supportive of him going. If I was offered a job for $90000 tax free, I would be gone too.:D So, after catching up on orders, we can do nothing but develope new products so I can come back with a bunch of goodies ready to go. Front bumpers are top priority, but right after those, I will have a new line of products, the Tortoise skids. Front and gas tank skids, and the HD belly pan, which is a replacement crossmember with unibody stiffeners and integrated removable TCase and Engine/tranny skids. The belly pan is based off of my SFA belly pan design, so if someone decides to step it up in the future after installing an HD belly pan, they can sell it or trade it in for a core charge and get one that bolts right up where the old one did with the control arm mounts in it, along with the rest of the SFA kit. Ted and Troy are the R&D subjects for this SFA thing, and if all goes well from what I am feeling pretty confident about with the design in my head, the kit will be completely bolt on without any cutting or welding. Won't be cheap, but will save about $5-7000 in labor if you can install it at home with a drill and wrench. I also have a couple other things lined up that are really cool for the KJ.

I haven't mentioned this on the board that I recall, and only three or four people know, but I was contacted by Steve at Jeep, who is the product manager for the new KK Liberty. He wanted me to design and make some sliders for the KK that is showing at Easter Jeep Safari this year. Of course, being so far behind on orders and with very little notice and not enough time with a KK in my possession, I turned the opportunity down. Would have been an awesome priveledge, but my customers come first. I explained this to Steve and he completely understood and said they have another "unlimited budget" KK that isn't in such a tight time frame, so whenever I get caught up on orders and front bumpers and the other KJ plans, he is wanting some KK armor. So, I have a lot to do after orders and front bumpers. When I come back for taking orders, I will have a much bigger selection of products for KJ's and KK's. After the way my Grand Cherokee and Cherokee have started falling apart lately, I am thinking a KK is in my very near future, so I will be completely converted to a Liberty junkie. Already spent some time on the jeep website building one the way I want it. I'm going to try and talk to Steve or someone at jeep if I can get a KK without paint, no wheels/tires, no front or rear axles/suspension or TCase. No sense getting all those parts when they would be replaced with SFA, 35's, and an Atlas TCase within a few months anyways. Dang you guys!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:42 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

awesome to hear your in good spirits about everything :D

don't go balistic trying to get things done though, one day at a time ( easy for me to say I'm not waiting on anything )

04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:42 pm 

Hey Marty,
if you can talk them into building you one like that, let me know. I am 15 minutes from the plant and will pick it up for you! I think the going rate to bring it to you would be what... :? a ....rear bumper or some of the new unreleased goodies :wink: :lol: :lol: Hang in there we are all behind ya!!

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:59 pm 

tommudd wrote:
Hey Marty,
if you can talk them into building you one like that, let me know. I am 15 minutes from the plant and will pick it up for you! I think the going rate to bring it to you would be what... :? a ....rear bumper or some of the new unreleased goodies :wink: :lol: :lol: Hang in there we are all behind ya!!

Tom

You'll probably need a trailer, since it won't have anything under to roll on. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:00 pm 
Rock Lizard wrote:

Already spent some time on the jeep website building one the way I want it. I'm going to try and talk to Steve or someone at jeep if I can get a KK without paint, no wheels/tires, no front or rear axles/suspension or TCase. No sense getting all those parts when they would be replaced with SFA, 35's, and an Atlas TCase within a few months anyways. Dang you guys!!! :twisted:

Clearly this fella's charging way too much for parts AND has too much time on his hands :lol:

Post subject: Happy to See Ya not Shuttin down!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:52 pm 
LOST Addict

As much as we all love your work and you have orders placed with dust on the paperwork. Go ahead and take some time with the family :D We will still be here. :wink: But you only have one family. Love them Cherish them and take a little time to enjoy them :wink: Then in a couple weeks to a month Get your Butt back to work :P :twisted: Take care we will still be here when you come back you and your family deserve it :D

David

PIAA head light bulbs, Fog Light switched out to SilverStar 9005's
MagnaFlo Muffler, New Radiator, Rebuilt A/C system,Rebuilt Rear Diff, LBJ's twice
Dunlop 245/70-16 Rover AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Marty: your e-mail link, on your web page, STILL doesn't work. Give me a call when you take a brake. Can you give a listing of ideas your working on? I know I am drooling and I'll bet others are also. Might as well cause a flood! :lol:

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:14 am 
LOST Addict

i am as well... can't waint for my sliders!!! and i def. want a front bumper, but did not pre-order because i wasn't foshow what they were going to look like. Also, if i wasn't saving up for a house, (yes i'm still in college, but $400 a month helps save up) i'd be buying most everything you make for the kj!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Marty any word on that last bunch of bumpers. Moab is right around the corner.....

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:46 am 
LOST Member

Hey Troy,

If you end up going downrange again you need to get some of these patches. There are some funny ones.

http://www.milspecmonkey.com/morale.html

contractors get to have all the fun......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:27 am 
I live here
I live here

I love this one

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:03 pm 
LOST Member

0311_DoC wrote:
Hey Marty any word on that last bunch of bumpers. Moab is right around the corner.....

I left him a vmail about my super skinks yesterday ... I'll let ya know what I hear back.

Skink super sliders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:37 pm 

Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten back to the messages, emails, voicemails, etc. I'm getting through these things slowly, but they are coming. I know some of you are needing things for Moab. A few off the top of my head that I plan to ship out sometime next week are rear bumpers for 0311_Doc and bugnout, and sliders for riptricket and bbo. Several others as well, I just don't have their LOST names, but small dents in the waiting list are being made. I know Troy is going to be in Moab the full week. I'm not sure yet how long I can come out for if I can. If I do, my jeep is toast right now, so I'll probably have to rough it in a rental KK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:40 pm 
LOST Addict

have you made any head-way on the 05+ front bumper... b/c i really need to throw some more money your way!
thanks for the update... i know that i am impatient, my g/f hates it...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next