It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ya might want to check your front differential
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:52 pm 
LOST Member

Today, I was changing the fluid out in both front and rear differentials. This is the first time. I was suprised to find the drain plug on the front differential quite loose, from the factory. You may want to remove your engine skid and tighten yours with an 8 mm allen wrench. I'm sure in a short time I would of had a leak. :shock:

2002 Silver Sport 4x4 3.7L-5 Speed NV3550 Manual Transmission-NV231J TC-Frankenlift-AllJ Interior Rack-ARB Bumper-Hella Driving Lights-Electric Trailer Brake-Moog LBJs-JBA 4.5 UCAs-Detroit Trutrac (Front)-245/70/16 Dueler A/T Tires-Amsoil EaA201 Air Filter-Tom Woods Custom Front Drive Shaft-Rock Lizard Gecko HD Roof Rails-Onboard Co2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:39 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

There is an " O " ring on that drain plug. Do NOT over tighten it or you will damage it.

Now is a pretty good time to go to the dealer and get a new one for the next time you drain your Diff fluid. They are only 1 dollar and you'll need one if you've "tightened" it up.

Good luck 8)