It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turn signal snafu
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:46 pm 
LOST Member

All lights on the driver's side work properly. That being said, what can make only one side do the hyper-flashing trick? Whatever it is drains power on that side, so that only one tail bulb can be on at full brightness. I saw the same thing on a TJ the other day, and it's bugging the heck out of me. *side note - the rear bulbs are now 1157 instead of the factory 3157, due to aftermarket housings/fixtures.

Grant

07 Ram 1500 RST 5.7L LOST #584737
Regency Custom Pkg - Black leather with red baseball stitching, 22" Foose "Speedster" wheels & Pirelli Scorpions, Brushed Aluminum gauges, roll pan, dual exhaust, lowered sport-tuned suspension, 4W Baers, BedRug, power everything
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/ltwgs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:42 pm 
LOST Member

The flasher control is part of the hazard switch in the center of the instrument panel, above the radio. This system is a smart relay that controls the turn signal and hazard flasher systems.

The combination flasher contains electronic Integrated Circuitry (IC) elements and is intended to handle the current flow of the factory-installed lighting. If supplemental lighting is added to the turn signals, i.e. towing, the control tries to compensate to keep the flash rate constant. The flasher control cannot be repaired or adjusted. If faulty or damaged it must be replaced.

If this just started with the install of the new lighting then you may have overloaded the control unit and it needs to be replaced, or the new lights are just outside the systems capacity to adjust properly, or there is a short/broken wire somewhere in the new setup. If the problem started sometime after the new lights I would suspect the control unit.