It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

corwyyn wrote:
jeepkj02 wrote:
According to my '02 manual the horn relay in the junction block inside the cab on the side of the driver side dash.

That's where the '05 FSM shows it as well, inboard of the fuse block on the left hand (drivers) side of the dash. Here's a diagram for it:

Corwyyn,
Thanks for the diagram, but, my '05 Liberty doesn't have a relay box like that picture, anywhere in the drivers side cabin. I've pulled panels off from below the dash and around the hood release lever, and there's nothing there. The only relay box I can find sits in front of the battery. Where else should I look?

Scott B)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Pull off the plastic panel to the left of the steering wheel (around the corner where the door touches when it's shut) ... should be in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

durangotang wrote:
Pull off the plastic panel to the left of the steering wheel (around the corner where the door touches when it's shut) ... should be in there.

There's only a fuse panel behind that panel, per the pictures below.

Sorry for the fuzziness, it was a little dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:52 pm 
Master of the Blender

Starcrwzr wrote:
Corwyyn,
Thanks for the diagram, but, my '05 Liberty doesn't have a relay box like that picture, anywhere in the drivers side cabin. I've pulled panels off from below the dash and around the hood release lever, and there's nothing there. The only relay box I can find sits in front of the battery. Where else should I look?

Scott B)

Scott, the junction block is located behind the fuse panel. Here is another image which may make things clearer:
This view shows the fuse panel outlined in blue, and the area where the BCM (Body Control Module) would be located is in yellow. The junction block side is the 'ghosted' section with the horn relay location outlined in red (like my first diagram above). Here is your 2nd picture with the right edge of the BCM outlined:
So the side of the junction block with the horn relay faces in towards the steering column, then the BCM and the fuse panel are attached to it and the entire unit is installed.

Post subject: Re: Help! My horn keeps blowing in the middle of the night.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

hi all - new entrant to this post. my 2005 jeep liberty's horn has turned on without warning (in the middle of the night too). I have taken out the fuse on the exposed panel, but that shuts off the windows, too. Can you explain how do you get to the BCM (Body Control Module) which is shown in the picture in yellow (thanks for the diagram)? I would like to remove the horn relay-- do you remove that dashboard panel and then it's accessible? side note, I went to the local jeep dealer and the service person would not help me at all -- said the "tech's use a different system and we have no access to it" - really? I simply asked him "can you show me a diagram of how to get to the horn relay?" - I was quite surprised..

Post subject: Re: Help! My horn keeps blowing in the middle of the night.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:41 am 
LOST Newbie

jbkuppe wrote:
hi all - new entrant to this post. my 2005 jeep liberty's horn has turned on without warning (in the middle of the night too). I have taken out the fuse on the exposed panel, but that shuts off the windows, too. Can you explain how do you get to the BCM (Body Control Module) which is shown in the picture in yellow (thanks for the diagram)? I would like to remove the horn relay-- do you remove that dashboard panel and then it's accessible? side note, I went to the local jeep dealer and the service person would not help me at all -- said the "tech's use a different system and we have no access to it" - really? I simply asked him "can you show me a diagram of how to get to the horn relay?" - I was quite surprised..

As a first aid, just disconnect the wire harness connector from the horn. Horns are located below the Power Distribution Center (PDC), next from the battery. Then you can put the fuse back and have operating windows.