It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Front Bumper Forum - UPDATE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:00 am 
LOST Addict

LIST OF THOSE DEFINITELY IN FOR $700 BUMPER (AS OF 7/23/2005):

1) AdamIsAdam (2003)
2) jpzkj (2004)
3) 02LIBRT (2002)
4) steakgoddess (2002)
5) the1jferg (2002)
6) LOST KJ (2004)
7) vxla (2004)

2005:
1) Hoss75 (2005)
2) dirtykj (2005)

(SCROLL FOR PICS)

TO SEND ME INFO, PLEASE PM ME, OR EMAIL ME AT ADAMISADAM AT OPTONLINE.NET. DO NOT SEND EMAILS VIA THIS WEBSITE, BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK RIGHT NOW.

************ORIGINAL POST BELOW*********************

OK, I lost this thread on the EX Board so I'll start the leg work recreating it here. I have all my old emails saved from every manufacturer I contacted. Most were in the R&D stage.

I just fired off about half dozen more emails asking for updates. Here's a summary from what I remember:

ARB is available, of course, and working on one for the newer models. The President of ARB told me he'd send my thoughts on a lighter, simpler bumper to R&D.

All J made 5 great looking, perfect bumpers. Quinn told me in January he's working on production issues. I emailed him for an update. PLEASE, I'M BEGGING. I'M NOT TOO PROUD TO BEG.
UPDATED 7/17/05: If we get 10 KJ's, they'll make bumpers for $700 each around August.

Rock Lizzard: Hoss is contacting them for an update. They were the closest ones to making something soon.

Hanson Ent: Paul said he was working on this. I emailed for update.
UPDATED 7/18/05: Still in the works.

SpyderCustoms: not planning on anything.
UPDATED 7/14/05: NOT PLANNING ON ANYTHING FOR KJ AT THIS TIME.

Rusty: nothing yet, but was considering something rounded, like ARB design.

RSI Metal: Larry gave me specifics. I don't see anything on web site, but what he said was:

"we hope to start shipping in march or april again. ours is 950.00 front and 850.00 rear.
S&H will be roughly 182.00 to you per bumper"
Weight is "about 110 for the front and 120 for the rear."

(I personally don't think this fits the bill for price or weight.)

So there you have it to the best of my recollection (and I don't have good recollections). I'll update this thread when I get replies to my emails. Hoss, please do the same when you hear back from Rock Lizzard.

And for the manufacturers out there reading this: I WILL BUY ONE IF YOU MAKE IT! (Just make it lighter and cheaper than the giant ARB bumper. :wink: )

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales

Last edited by AdamIsAdam on Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Good info. THanks for taking the time to update This forum.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:28 pm 

Quinn, if you're listening...I want one of your bumpers!

What's the weight on those?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:11 pm 
LOST Member

Just adding my name to the list of interested people. For those that make a lightweight bumper, you can plan on selling me one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:15 pm 
LOST Addict

Im currently saving for an ARB but if someone will state when they will have a new front bumper ready, I will get yours instead.

Mid-Atlantic & Carolina LOST #236236
2006 TJ Solar Yellow Rubicon
Lockers, Springs, Skids, Headers, Snorkel,
Exhaust Work, 4.5 Long Arm, Warn M8000
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers Moab's/SpiderTrax, 6000k HID, IPF H4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:42 pm 
LOST Member

Just so I'm clear, the pictures show All J's "perfect bumper?" That is a nice piece of equipment, fo sho!

07 Ram 1500 RST 5.7L LOST #584737
Regency Custom Pkg - Black leather with red baseball stitching, 22" Foose "Speedster" wheels & Pirelli Scorpions, Brushed Aluminum gauges, roll pan, dual exhaust, lowered sport-tuned suspension, 4W Baers, BedRug, power everything
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/ltwgs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:50 pm 
LOST Member

ltwgs wrote:
Just so I'm clear, the pictures show All J's "perfect bumper?" That is a nice piece of equipment, fo sho!

It is CA Wally's "perfect bumper" made by All J :wink:

Later,
J

LOST #000462

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

ARB e-mailed me last week that they would have a bumper for the 2005 Liberty "this fall".

Kaboom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:35 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

I know a couple of KJers that put the ARB bumper on and it lowered their lift by at least an inch.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:40 pm 
That All J is one sweet bumper! The only thing missing is a license plate bracket mount (maybe TDC?), for those of us required to run a plate up front. I too would be interested in this bumper (especially if it was available in black powder coat).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:45 pm 

Pretty much everything comes out of that shop in black powder coat. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:23 pm 
Skyjump136 wrote:
Pretty much everything comes out of that shop in black powder coat. :wink:
I figured as much. A rear bumper would be cool too. But I'm thinking that might be pushing it a bit? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:43 pm 
LOST Member

Count me in! I want one. Hell, at the rate I'm going I'm gonna have to sell blood or well, you know how that goes, ect.... Hell, I sold one of my guns just to get my lift.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:37 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

I think a rear bumper would be easier than the front....I'd buy one

Post subject: bumper buyers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:47 pm 
LOST Addict

Well, I count 6 serious buyers so far, plus Hoss75 mentioned he'd buy one. I just shot off an email to Quinn with this forum link just to be sure he knows the interest is out there.

As I recall, this bumper weighted below 100 lbs gross, then you get to subtract the 35-40lbs worth of stock bumper parts.

The front receiver can be used for a front license plate. www.etrailer.com and others sell simply brackets for this purpose for around $20 as I recall.

In the words of the great Cookie Monster: GIVE ME BUMPER! (well, you get the idea, anyway)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199258

JeepTales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Sign me up for one, too. 'cept I got an 05 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:43 pm 
LOST Member

How much was the All J?

07 Ram 1500 RST 5.7L LOST #584737
Regency Custom Pkg - Black leather with red baseball stitching, 22" Foose "Speedster" wheels & Pirelli Scorpions, Brushed Aluminum gauges, roll pan, dual exhaust, lowered sport-tuned suspension, 4W Baers, BedRug, power everything
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/ltwgs

Post subject: Re: bumper buyers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:13 pm 
LOST Member

AdamIsAdam wrote:
Well, I count 6 serious buyers so far, plus Hoss75 mentioned he'd buy one. I just shot off an email to Quinn with this forum link just to be sure he knows the interest is out there.

Unfortunately it seems that even if/when AllJ does come out with one, there's to many differences between the 05s and the older models for it to work on the 05s. So I guess I'm SoL... Otherwise, I'd put a pre-order in right now if I could! Maybe I'll go with the ARB and replace my front springs with some heavy duty ones to counteract the weight.

CB w/ 4' Firestick mounted on Tire Carrier,
Full MOPAR Skids, RRO Diff guard, 'AllJ Boulder Bars, Rhino-lining applied to sides.
On-board Air (Superflow MV-50)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:20 am 
LOST Addict

Actually those of you with an 05 will have less cutting of the fender flares in order to fit just about any aftermarket bumper.

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject: How do I say this
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Guys, I do not want to come across as an a-hole but we need to keep in mind...Do you really want to place an order? I don't want to bring up a sore subject but keep in mind when you say you want something...Wally and I went to tons of trouble to make a very oustanding product for the KJ. The first time around we had close to 40 guys that say they wanted it and we even posted a price...No problem... then we had the product made and was ready to ship... We ask the guys to palce an order...nothing...we ask what happened??? Everyone ask if we could get the price lower.

This seems to be a common problem... and I understand why any shop my not want to make a run on a product if they think it might not really sell. Please guys dont push something that you are really up for placing an order. I remember talking about this some time ago on the old forum. Dont say we need this item...unless you are really willing to place an order.

I am not trying to speak for the All J Products guys but lets say they were to offer the front bumper for ...700 bucks which is way lower than anyone elses bumper...but needed a ture, firm comitted commitment from say 10 guys ...do we really have 10 guys that would call and give them a credit card number?

I am not trying to put anyone on the spot but we keep saying that we want products but when the vendors have them then we complain that the price is not right. I have wanted a rear cargo rack for the KJ from day one. the new 05 KJ plastic POS rack is very expensive and guys are upset because the rack that All J Products is a little over 2 bills...when the plastic POS is like $190. Whats wrong whith that picture?

Maybe it is because you guys have not seen the rack in person yet but I just dont see how anyone could make this product out of the same materials, the same craftmanship, powdercoated, packing and sell it for anything less...yet some guys seem to think that they should sell it for 100 bucks...No way man..

This does not apply to just one vendor but for all of them. I keep thinking about the old post on the old site that asked, "What products do we want for the KJ"?... if you really have an interest in a product...then be sure you are willing to pay for what you say you want...

If you guys are really are up for a very cool front bumper...powder coated, lighter weight than anyone elses bumper...then are you really ready to pay to have one shipped out to out to install? If so then let's see if we can really get this going...

I say,"Hey All J Products"..."If we come up with 10 guys... are you willing to setup 10 bumpers for us?" Any takers... do we really have even have 10 guys here that are up for this...If not then maybe we should just drop this and move on... Any takers? Looks like I am putting the LOST guys and the All J Products guys on the spot? later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next