It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i guarantee... someone has done that and stood there staring at it pondering why they got out of bed that morning hehe

Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:25 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject: Re: Need a real jack
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:10 am 
LOST Newbie

I was looking for information about how tall of a jack I should purchase. I had the problem with the jack not raising the tire enough to take it off. :banghead: I decided to purchase a bottle jack and wanted to know if anyone knows what the height of jack that I should purchase. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

I had tried to jack up the back on the frame which the factory jack wouldn't work. Once I had help getting my jeep jacked up and got to a computer, I downloaded a manual for my jeep and saw the jack point locations:
For the front tires, place it in the notch on the body weld seam behind wheel to be changed.
For the rear tires, place it under the axle by the wheel to be changed.

It's on page 305 of the manual, but it doesn't say anything about the jack height.
https://ownersman.com/manuals/2006-Jeep-Liberty-owners-manual

However, I still want to purchase a bottle jack to replace the factory jack. I don't go off-road with my jeep, I just need a jack incase I have a flat tire. I see some listed as minimum height of 7" and maximum height of 11" while others list it as minimum height of 9" and maximum height of 18". Anyone have a clue what height span I should use.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:45 pm 
LOST Member

I have a 6 ton bottle jack and some wood blocks. Not sure about the height but the jack is about 8" tall with an acme thread extension.

I chose this bottle jack partly for the size of the base being much bigger and stable than the lower capacity jacks. Be carefull of slipping and tipping especially with snow slick layers of blocks.

Should be stored upright. I sacrifice the seat behind the driver to a milk crate with jack, blocks, jumper cables, tow strap, tie-downs, etc..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 pm 

I purchased one of these (see picture below) back in 2019 to carry with me when towing trailers behind the Jeep or when towing large trailers or campers behind my Dodge Cummins.
I like it due to it having a lockable Jack Stand built into the hydraulic Jack which makes it so much safer when jacking up a truck or trailer.

I had a blowout on one of my camper's tires on I-75 South coming into Atlanta a few years ago and got to use the new jack.
You have not lived until you had to change a tire on the side of the Interstate in Atlanta when every time a big truck speeds by, the whole camper trailer rocks like heck setting on a hydraulic jack.. Scary as heck! :shock:

I am sure this jack would jack up a Jeep Liberty or most any pickup size truck.
Just be sure and always carry some short pieces of 2x4's or 2x6's to use as a base to set the jack on when using in soft dirt or uneven ground.

LINK:> Powerbuilt 3 Ton, Bottle Jack and Jack Stands in One, 6000 Pound All-in-One Car Lift, Heavy Duty Vehicle Unijack,

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:44 am 
LOST Newbie

turblediesel wrote:
I have a 6 ton bottle jack and some wood blocks. Not sure about the height but the jack is about 8" tall with an acme thread extension.

I chose this bottle jack partly for the size of the base being much bigger and stable than the lower capacity jacks. Be carefull of slipping and tipping especially with snow slick layers of blocks.

Should be stored upright. I sacrifice the seat behind the driver to a milk crate with jack, blocks, jumper cables, tow strap, tie-downs, etc..

I like it but I didn't know bottle jacks had to be stored upright. I am looking to put a jack under the rear seat replacing the factory jack. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:47 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
I purchased one of these (see picture below) back in 2019 to carry with me when towing trailers behind the Jeep or when towing large trailers or campers behind my Dodge Cummins.
I like it due to it having a lockable Jack Stand built into the hydraulic Jack which makes it so much safer when jacking up a truck or trailer.

I had a blowout on one of my camper's tires on I-75 South coming into Atlanta a few years ago and got to use the new jack.
You have not lived until you had to change a tire on the side of the Interstate in Atlanta when every time a big truck speeds by, the whole camper trailer rocks like heck setting on a hydraulic jack.. Scary as heck! :shock:

I am sure this jack would jack up a Jeep Liberty or most any pickup size truck.
Just be sure and always carry some short pieces of 2x4's or 2x6's to use as a base to set the jack on when using in soft dirt or uneven ground.

LINK:> Powerbuilt 3 Ton, Bottle Jack and Jack Stands in One, 6000 Pound All-in-One Car Lift, Heavy Duty Vehicle Unijack,

That does look nice, but I am looking for something that I can put under the rear seat to replace the factory jack. Any ideas?