It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blown Ironman front shock
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:15 am 
LOST Newbie

Any thoughts as to why my new Ironman front shock would blow? The front passenger shock popped and now its creaking and clunking. Less than 1600 miles on it with no off road mileage yet? I called Marlin, and he emailed Eli at Camel 4x4. Waiting for a response :?

Post subject: Re: Blown Ironman front shock
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:05 am 
LOST Newbie

Update?

Hitch + Recovery Shackle
Boilers Gas Tank Skid
Clarion NZ409 In-dash Sat-Navigation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well I ordered a new shock and paid to have it overnighted because I could not wait any longer on my daily driver. I have yet to get any response from Eli at camel 4*4. I emailed marlin at jba back again on how to get warranty service or return, and he was going to send me the info. Still no response from either. So on top of my lift, jba arms, and extra goodies, I am now the proud owner of a new 174.00 shock absorber and one I can use for a paperweight. Love the lift, have always had great response from jba until now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just wondering, Do you have the extended bump stops?

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:39 am 
LOST Newbie

Yes I have the Teraflex extended bump stops up front, and 2 hockey pucks in the rear.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just got an email from Marlin at JBA. It was from camel 4x4 stating that they were moving to the west coast and have not looked at email for 2 weeks. On top of that, they won't have any stock for the kj for at least 1-2 months. Unacceptable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:05 pm 
LOST Addict

hints the advantage of ome/arb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:18 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

They are moving their warehouse and didn't let anyone know about it, too bad since it puts a lot of folks waiting

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

rbm922 wrote:
Well I ordered a new shock and paid to have it overnighted because I could not wait any longer on my daily driver. I have yet to get any response from Eli at camel 4*4. I emailed marlin at jba back again on how to get warranty service or return, and he was going to send me the info. Still no response from either. So on top of my lift, jba arms, and extra goodies, I am now the proud owner of a new 174.00 shock absorber and one I can use for a paperweight. Love the lift, have always had great response from jba until now.

I figured this would be the response. It took JBA 2 weeks to get back to me about a question when I wanted to order a part. Their response "Your voicemail was pushed to the bottom of my pile" then when I contacted JBA in regards to my blown OME shock--- "Call arb" not "I'd be happy to help you, I'll call ARB for you and we'll get you a new shock" So far from what I've seen, unless you're a buddy of theirs-- you aren't a top priority. Unfortunately they've got the market cornered on their Upper-a arm's or else I'd never use them EVER. Thank god for ARB's customer service.

Here's little back info:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/yuck-b ... rut-53799/

Hitch + Recovery Shackle
Boilers Gas Tank Skid
Clarion NZ409 In-dash Sat-Navigation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just a quick update for all. It has been almost two weeks since my shock issue started. After contacting JBA, I finally got a copy of an email from Camel 4x4. I have contacted Eli directly at camel on several days and still have not received a call, or even a response through email. I emailed Marlin at JBA back again and now no more response from them either. Very unfortunate. It is a real shame that the manufacturer won't stand behind there warranty, and even more disappointing in the apathetic response from Marlin and JBA. :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 am 

So you're upset with Marlin since he is out of stock?
He didn't know anything was changing with Ironman until after it was done

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Tom, I think you may have missed an earlier post. Marlin is not out of stock, I had no problem ordering a new shock and having it overnighted. My issue is from the customer service aspect. I have had exemplary service from JBA when making new purchases. I just expected the same level of service when an issue comes up. Maybe I have a different opinion of customer service. I have been a manager with The Home Depot for 21 years, I have 23000 customers per week at my store. I resolve all kinds off issues to take care of them whether the problem was created through my store, or from one of my vendor partners. I'm not trying to make any enemies, just voicing my opinion, I thought that is what the forums are for. But we will let this thread die.