It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: throttle body spacer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:29 pm 
LOST Member

Has anyone installed a throttle body spacer? If so have you noticed any performance, gas miliage changes?

L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:21 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I have an air raid TBS along with a stage 2 jet chip, a flowmaster muffler, a K&N intake and a cooler thermostat....it gets great top end and thats it..as far as gas mileage improvements...forget it...I get about 12 on a good day...its the price you pay for modding your jeep..to me its all worth it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:10 pm 
LOST Member

Allyrand where did you get a cooler thermostat for your liberty?

Auburn LSD
Lots of other goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:47 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

www.truckperformance.com you have to look up the application for a dodge 3.7..they don't list it for a Jeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:29 pm 
LOST Member

ok i must be an idiot because i looked all over to find anything about the 3.7 and couldnt find it. Do i look up the 4.7? is it the same one?

Auburn LSD
Lots of other goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:59 pm 
LOST Addict

You can also improve your cooling with an upgraded radiator. My mechanic put a 3 core aluminum one in mine after the original got a pinhole leak that was getting coolant on the negative battery terminal. Be careful with a TBS. They can actually make you loose a little low end. If you've already upgraded your intake and exhaust, you should upgrade your ECU. Don't bother with a piggy back chip. The Jet chip we dyno'd on the 3.7 lost 5 peak hp and made it run way to rich from 2500 rpm to 4200 rpm. When I tried to contact them about doing a custom chip for the 3.7, they told me I must have purchased a defective chip off Ebay and I should read some posts on a Dodge forum that were from people who hadn't tested it. Get a B&G Chrysler aggressive flash. They actually reprogram your computer instead of intercepting signals going to it and lying to it. They even delete the torque management. If you want some more power, you can upgrade your torque converter and gears after that. I would recommend the computer flash before the torque converter, or the transmission won't behave quite right if you go with an increased stall. It may also shift too low and slowly.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

How much the computer reprogramming cost? Are you now required to run a higher octane fuel to fell the effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:11 pm 
LOST Addict

I got mine done through KRC Performance. It's listed as a Performance Cam Cal for $449 on their site. They send the 3.7 ECU to B&G Chrysler. That's how I found out about B&G. Mine runs more powerfully on 89 than the stock ECU does. It actually benefits from running on 93, unlike the stock ECU that isn't programmed for anything over 89. When mine was on the giggle juice, it made 252 rwhp and 301 ftlb's torque on a Superflow in 90 degree weather with 93 octane. That converts to about 270 rwhp and 325 ftlb's torque on a Dynojet. Even with just converting the low numbers, 315 hp and 375 ftlb's torque at the engine is not bad at all for the 3.7. The numbers converted to Dynojet would be around 335 hp and 400 ftlb's of torque at the motor. The most it made before the gears, converter, and ECU was 214 rwhp and 251 ftlb's torque.

http://www.krcperformance.com/newcontent/pcm.html

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject: to add on the TBS topic...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:23 am 
LOST Newbie

What kind of turnaround time would a guy be looking at for the Cam Cal, and are any other mods necessary? Mine is opened up a bit w/ a Green filter and FM Delta 50, but more power is always nice. I also have an '04 w/ the smaller tranny... do you think there would be issues w/ it?
Any input/advice is much appreciated!
-Lance

"I'm a curb conquerer!"