It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cooper's Jeep Build
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

Most helpful post ever... :? :roll: :banghead:

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

hey dont be acting all hot stuff just cause u got some cool new toys on your jeep. i answered the last thing you posted to. follow the horrible wiring diagram that they gave you. if you want to hide the solenoid box then get some wire to lengthen it to the winch. and if you really want to get fancy, then take the controller receiver and extend that wiring to the grill or bumper to plug it into it.

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

the red area is the area that i cut off my grill to run the wiring behing the bumper, then right to the battery, worked the best for me

you cant see it in the grill area at all

here is what the solenoid looks like for an xrc8 and the controller plug piece looks like that. so if you have a 1/2 drill you can cut out a spot on the RL to mount it for hiding the solenoid. but personally, i would leave the box out. looks better.

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

STINGN wrote:
hey dont be acting all hot stuff just cause u got some cool new toys on your jeep. i answered the last thing you posted to. follow the horrible wiring diagram that they gave you. if you want to hide the solenoid box then get some wire to lengthen it to the winch. and if you really want to get fancy, then take the controller receiver and extend that wiring to the grill or bumper to plug it into it.

yep definitely acting like "hot stuff", sorry I was looking for an actual helpful answer not through thr grill which is obvious. Silly me I ran all the wiring to gas tank skid,then to the roof rack, back through the right wheel well, and finally to the battery... I guess thats where I lost some length on that ground cord. I want to know the best path once on the engine bay that will get me from the grill to the battery. Not really into tampering with wires on something that can save me in a sticky situation and end up deteriorating it's quality because I'm not 100% sure what I'd be doing.

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:27 pm 
LOST Junkie

was just wasting some time online last night...whats new? :lol: and came across this site for cb setups, http://www.rightchannelradios.com/ seems like it has everything for a good setup and some good prices as far as I know. Probably where I'll get my cb when the time comes. Kinda sucks being "that guy" on the trails that always needs to borrow a portable from a friend :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

Well window regulator went out, its duct taped up for now, any other way to hold it up or do a quick fix without getting a new regulator put in? Not much free time in between class and collegiate running. If I remember correctly there was a thread that used a zip tie to hold something in place???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
Well window regulator went out, its duct taped up for now, any other way to hold it up or do a quick fix without getting a new regulator put in? Not much free time in between class and collegiate running. If I remember correctly there was a thread that used a zip tie to hold something in place???

Yes, remove door panel and put a cable tie under the lift plate for the window. More than likely the regulator is ok and it's the junk plastic lift plate. By the way, I just had mine fixed for the 2nd time on the drivers side rear for free at the dealer. I had the heep in for the rear lower control arm replacement when the kind lady informed me that all KJ's are under a free replacement for the lift plate only. Before someone say's "well ya got it for free becuase it was the 2nd one and it was under warranty".....nope! I also got a refund on the $100 "deductable" I had to dish out for the first "warrantied" factory junk.
Just waiting now for someone to tell me I am wrong :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am 
LOST Junkie

Awesome, next time I'm home I'll see if it really was the regulator or the lift plate that went bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:59 am 
LOST Junkie

Replaced the entire power steering assembly, thinking that the next thing the Jeep will get is new gears and hopefully lockers if I can afford them. I want to get the Jeep running at the same RPMs and temp that it did stock, any suggestions on parts that will help make the engine run cooler?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
I want to get the Jeep running at the same RPMs and temp that it did stock, any suggestions on parts that will help make the engine run cooler?

You may have already done most of these, but here’s what came to mind:

[*]Hood vents
[*]Oil by-pass system (extra oil capacity will prolong the life of your oil; I doubt it will do much as far as reducing engine cooling)
[*]Coolant by-pass system with filter (extra capacity might help keep your coolant temps cooler, but the difference might be small)
[*]Coolant Boost that can reduce coolant temps by 6* degrees
[*]Free flowing exhaust with headers
[*]Gears to match tire size will help a lot (engine won’t have to work as hard)
[*]Mopar heavy duty cooling system
[*]Reduce unnecessary weight that you don’t need

In my way of thinking, all the small modifications that reduce cooling add up over time.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

Has anyone on here ever heard of cryogenic treatment for gears and other parts? Came across it last night and thought it sounded interesting, like "it can make automatic transmissions run up to 50 degrees cooler" or "doubles life of gears" I'd think more people would do it as it actually doesn't seem that outrageously priced, 50 for gears, 250 for transmission internals, and 600 for engine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ive read about that...ive been thinking of having front diff case treated...apparently cast aluminum is a very good candidate for cryogenic treatment...

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If it sounds to good to be true.....it probably is. You know the old saying.

Frankenlift II
245 75 16 Goodyear MTR's
Moabs
Al's UCA's
Boulderbars
Backbone with Warn XD9000i, Viking synthetic line
Rubicon Big Brother

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 am 
LOST Junkie

Grannysgoat wrote:
If it sounds to good to be true.....it probably is. You know the old saying.

Kinda what I thought too, but there is a guy here how was featured on extreme 4x4 who swears by it. Maybe someone will come up with some concrete evidence and not just company's numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

added polk speakers to ever door db651s
some kenwood tweeters
a sound ordanance 4 channel amp
and a JL sub to the rear. Like the sound of it all together alot and makes the inside just as nice as the outside now haha :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

dieselenthusiast wrote:
As you can see, the ARB pretty much covers and protects the rope, so there's no need for a cover on my application.

Love the jeep don't think I've seen one color-matched to be red. Did you do it yourself or take it to a shop? Came out great!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

BugginKJ wrote:
CoopaTroopa wrote:

Yes, remove door panel and put a cable tie under the lift plate for the window. More than likely the regulator is ok and it's the junk plastic lift plate. By the way, I just had mine fixed for the 2nd time on the drivers side rear for free at the dealer. I had the heep in for the rear lower control arm replacement when the kind lady informed me that all KJ's are under a free replacement for the lift plate only. Before someone say's "well ya got it for free becuase it was the 2nd one and it was under warranty".....nope! I also got a refund on the $100 "deductable" I had to dish out for the first "warrantied" factory junk.
Just waiting now for someone to tell me I am wrong :roll:

Tried to take mine to the stealership over Christmas break and get them to replace it for free as this is now my 3rd time having it break, they said it was the motor and wanted a rediculous amount, took it to my mechanic and he fixed it for free and put a lifetime warrenty on it. Guess there are still good people out there

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

CoopaTroopa wrote:
Love the jeep don't think I've seen one color-matched to be red. Did you do it yourself or take it to a shop? Came out great!

Thanks! I had a paint and body shop do it. I also had the rear bumper done too. :mrgreen:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Sweet bumper, sweet rig

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

2002 KJ Limited 3.7, 5.25" lift via coilovers, custom HD rear springs, 32.2" tires on moabs (soon 33s) 4.56/JBA diff, OX lockers front/rear, NP241OR, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers, rock rails and roof rack, Viair OBA.

2006 KJ sport 3.7, 4" Ironman lift, 32" tires, Parker Fab front/rear bumpers and rock rails.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

still looking for ways to bring performance back to around stock and was looking at some different cooling systems, put an email into ff dynamics to see if there is any possibility with them. Other than that has anyone ever heard of some upgraded radiators and fan kits for the kj? Found Hayden and some other brands?
Anyone have expereince with these or think it will make a difference? http://www.jcwhitney.com/hayden-radiato ... y2003g80j1
or do you have to spend as much as something like this to see actual results if any http://www.jcwhitney.com/direct-fit-per ... 18100.jcwx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next