It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New front bumper from Rock Lizard
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:05 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

glider wrote:
Haven't we heard this song and dance before? With the same cheerleaders on the sideline? And then as may well happen now...YEARS of waits..promises...excuses....lack of communication.

Caveat Emptor.

Well build your own crap and sell it then... and keep your negativity to yourself
And if taking care of your family is an excuse, you are an idiot :2cents:
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:00 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

glider wrote:
Haven't we heard this song and dance before? With the same cheerleaders on the sideline? And then as may well happen now...YEARS of waits..promises...excuses....lack of communication.

Caveat Emptor.

Yes, on several occassions. Yes, I have many great supportors that understand brown stinkies happens, and unfortunately it has happened to me a lot over the last few years. I can see that there is doubt that it could happen again, however, this last year things have been going a lot better, people are getting their orders much faster, front and rear bumpers, yes, there have been delays, but due to major redesigns and improvements to make the product they paid a bunch of money for a lot better, and my communication hasn't been the greatest, but those that know me would probably testify I have been doing a lot better this last year.

I am a single dad. I am going back to college full time. I do the jeep stuff every remaining second of the day. I don't have to do this business. Jeeps can take a flying fluck at a rolling donut if I felt like walking away. But I am trying, not for me, because the stress is killing me, and there is no money in it, but I enjoy it and the business is for you guys. ARB is dropping their bumpers, other companies are dropping liberties or have already. You have fly by night companies that tried to get things going and where did they go? Boiler? Mtnlvr? Sundance Customs? What's left? Well, there's All J's and Jeepin by Al. Both great companies for lifts, but where is their armor and bumpers and roof racks? Who am I leaving out? Oh, Rusty's and Rocky Road Outfitters. I'll leave those two companies for those that can testify and compare their stuff to mine. Atleast I am trying, and I listen to you guys, and I come on here and show whats going on here and clear things up and admit when I am wrong. I know my wait time and lack of communication need to be improved, but I can only do so much by myself. I thank those that are understanding and have ordered and were patient from the bottom of my heart. Without them, I would have walked away a long time ago. I have several other much more profitable business ideas ready to go, but I would rather perfect this one first so it can sustain itself before starting another, than just giving up and starting another.

So, glider, you are absolutely correct on all counts. If you guys don't like my business, then say so and I will walk away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:01 pm 
LOST Member

USAFCOP wrote:
glider wrote:

Caveat Emptor.

Well build your own crap and sell it then... and keep your negativity to yourself
Thanks

I think he has a very valid point. How many people have had orders not completed, continually told to wait, and never ended up with a product? Or better yet no product and no refund... I have seen several people, on both here and JKJC, post about bad dealings with RockLizard. AND the same people are always there to defend them. Glad they got their shiz, but what about all the other people who didn't? I like RL stuff and have read all kinds of threads about RL stuff, and even surfed through the website, and nowhere did I see anything about wait times exceeding a year. I would be pissed. Just hearing about the bad dealings with RL decide his stuff isn't for me.

If someone is to busy with whatever they are to busy with, maybe trying to produce stuff as complicated as aftermarket 4x4 products isn't a good idea. I also like the great attitude in dealing with people. Along with the great communication (no phone calls, no pm's, wont readily answer e-mails). Really great customer service [/sarcasm]. I won't spend a dime on RL stuff, and I hope everyone does their homework and research before dropping some serious coin on stuff they may or may not ever see. It is not like this is the first time this has happened. Anybody follow the whole Ballistic Fab ordeal on Pirate4x4? :2cents:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

eyehatetofu wrote:
USAFCOP wrote:
glider wrote:

Caveat Emptor.

Thanks

I think he has a very valid point. How many people have had orders not completed, continually told to wait, and never ended up with a product? Or better yet no product and no refund... I have seen several people, on both here and JKJC, post about bad dealings with RockLizard. AND the same people are always there to defend them. Glad they got their shiz, but what about all the other people who didn't? I like RL stuff and have read all kinds of threads about RL stuff, and even surfed through the website, and nowhere did I see anything about wait times exceeding a year. I would be pissed. Just hearing about the bad dealings with RL decide his stuff isn't for me.

If someone is to busy with whatever they are to busy with, maybe trying to produce stuff as complicated as aftermarket 4x4 products isn't a good idea. I also like the great attitude in dealing with people. Along with the great communication (no phone calls, no pm's, wont readily answer e-mails). Really great customer service [/sarcasm]. I won't spend a dime on RL stuff, and I hope everyone does their homework and research before dropping some serious coin on stuff they may or may not ever see. It is not like this is the first time this has happened. Anybody follow the whole Ballistic Fab ordeal on Pirate4x4? :2cents:

X2

L.O.S.T. #DW090501

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 am 
LOST Member

Quote:
If you guys don't like my business, then say so and I will walk away.

Can I get my rear bumper before you walk away? BTW Martin has answered my emails albeit a few days later, but I'm ok with that!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:12 am 
LOST Member

I am one of the patient waiters for a ordered rear bumper. I read all the issues and still ordered based on no complaints on quality. I didnt place the order thinking I would get it within a week. Like Martin said he will get back to you if you email him. I can contest to that.

96 Ford F350 4x4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:14 am 
LOST Addict

Marty has made 3 gorgeous products for me... Rear, Sliders, and Rack.
The man make good shi7 and he has always answered my e-mails in a very very timely manner.
Give the man credit where do. After all, who else has been putting out reputable KJ, KK, and Cherokee products and is still in business..... Rock Lizard has!

Post subject: New front bumper from Rock Lizard
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:28 am 
LOST Addict

I bought all the products he offers and never had a problem with contact or delivery. I'm one of the kool kidz though... I think that helps.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 am 
LOST Addict

JL Rockies wrote:
I bought all the products he offers
Um, isn't that an ARB hanging off the front of your Jeep?
Just sayin
:-)r
Love ya Joe!

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:43 am 
LOST Addict

Rock Lizard wrote:
Sport wrote:
Do you have anymore pictures of it on the 05-07? Looks like it sticks out past the fender flares?? What it the turn around time for shipping, will I get it by christmas?

I have a few but haven't downloaded the rest of them yet. are you looking for a particular angle? The wings at the wheel wells do stick out about an inch outside of the flare, keep those flares protected a little. Yes you will have it by Christmas if not sooner. All orders will be done by Christmas since I am moving out of state beginning of January and don't want orders on hold during the move.

I am not sure how i feel about the wings sticking past the fender. Can you get a front shot of the whole bumper and maybe a closer wing shot showing how far it sticks out. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 pm 
LOST Member

@ rock lizard--
Your expanded explanation sounded better and a little more sincere. I thank you for continuing to "try" and provide a service so many want. It is a thankless job, I have the same in another industry. However you arrogance is a bit off putting with the history associated. Not saying you should tuck tail, but the "I am awesome, you will be fine....trust me" has worn. If I had money I would buy as soon as you resume shipping, but i would also be very cautions. From everything I have read, you build a great product...but your communication sucks with a capitol S. If you improve that you might see a change in the critiques and build a phenominal business for your future. Good luck, and this is just my :2cents:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:11 pm 
Oilburner
Oilburner

Rock Lizard wrote:
OK, so now for the fun news. Time is running out. I am moving beginning of January, so all orders (front bumper, rear bumpers, sliders, everything) will be done before then, because I don't know how long it will take me to get into a shop after the move. Might be a month, could be six, so I do not want any orders on hold. This means for me to get all orders done by then

Rock Lizard wrote:
I am a single dad. I am going back to college full time. I do the jeep stuff every remaining second of the day.

Rock Lizard wrote:
But I am trying, not for me, because the stress is killing me, and there is no money in it, but I enjoy it

I know you mean well, but aren't you pushing yourself to much here? What if you got to make 100 bumpers before 31-12...? Instead of a deadline, you'd better set a max number of orders for each item you make, so you know for sure you can handle it.

What if one of your kids get sick? What if you slip and break an arm? What if, what if etc.

Then you are back up doo doo creek with backorders/ refunds etc. Maybe that would also solve the stated 'quality' problem. :2cents:

Greetz, Tony.

PS: I don't like the 02 front bumper, not with the old, not wit the new design. The corners are to 'boxy'. And that cover plate with the single weld looks cheap. Maybe it would look better if the part where the indicator goes was wider, like the ARB. Then fit the stock indicators. ...But that's imo.

Solo Liberty en Español: Jeepliberty.es

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rock Lizard wrote:
ARB is dropping their bumpers, other companies are dropping liberties or have already. You have fly by night companies that tried to get things going and where did they go? Boiler? Mtnlvr? Sundance Customs? What's left?

Actually I'm still here but never post. I have for the time being discontinued racks and bumpers as with my growing family, full time job, and side businesses I can't justify the time investment on them at a price people can handle. (though if you throw money at me...) I do still offer my strut shims, radiator, and gas tank skids and will continue to do so as they are relatively easy for us to make. Anyway, the purpose of me adding my 2 cents:

I feel ya 100% on this RL. Making stuff for the Liberty is tough. Not enough quantity to make it easy, just enough to kill time. It takes all your extra time, and in return you have to be perfect and even then argue with the naysayers 24/7.

I'm not saying buy from him or not, but constant criticism = not much fun for the small builder. Y'all need to understand that people building for the liberty are one or two man operations, that really can't compete price wise with the big shops & mass production, but they try anyway. I for one can't invest the time that I used to be able to invest.

Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:36 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Well said Chip ( Boiler)

Great talking to you by the way today also!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 pm 
LOST Member

any complete pics on the KK bumper? it's hard to fork up the cash so soon, planned on buying a nice leather couch for my upcoming mancave, maybe if i see a complete pic it could make my couch wait

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rock Lizard wrote:
Please excuse the quality of the pictures.

Center section with winch mount and showing approach angle.

Would you sell just the center section? It looks like it would mount up a lot like a backbone... not sure if the plastic bumper would trim and fit still though.

Nice looking stuff as always!

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

hislop wrote:
any complete pics on the KK bumper? it's hard to fork up the cash so soon, planned on buying a nice leather couch for my upcoming mancave, maybe if i see a complete pic it could make my couch wait

x2 I'm pretty interested in the KK bumper. I's love to see what it looks like with completed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well this is for Boiler and Rock Lizard...I feel you both have the ability to have the business, but you are both Family Heads, and Engineers (developers of the product), what you both need is better business plans... Rock Lizard, I told you a few ideas I had while out there, but to both I have ideas and we should sit down and chat, its easy...but the first step is communication, shoot me a pm or email...and lets get your doo doo together... Make everyone happier...

You both be safe, and you should both continue working on designs and enjoying life...

with respect Jan Mark Slomiany

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:55 pm 
LOST Addict

Thank you for keeping your business afloat.. i cant wait till i can afford a RL rear bumper (sadly already bought an ARB front since you didnt have one then :(). but i'm dying to get the RL rear... and some super skinks.

the front bumper looks simple and practical. perfect for a jeep. Keep up the good work.... and good morals.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:45 pm 
LOST Member

I don't get it... if you want to throw criticisms around about these guys, go buy a welder, plasma cutter, grinders, mill, and the various hand tools needed to preform this work & do it yourself! I've never done business with them, but I know what goes into doing what they do, its not easy! If you like it, buy it! If you don't like it, then don't buy it!