It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Polyurethane Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:09 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm getting tired of replacing lower control arm bushings on my 06 crd with 140k on it. I've used poly replacement bushings in other jeeps I've owned in the past and they outlasted the rest of the jeep in most cases. I can't find any for the liberty. I'm not surprised really, considering the lack of other general support. Anyway, just wondering if anybody has found some bushings that would fit, even though they may not be listed for these vehicles? I'm talking about the ones that require you to melt out the old rubber and just slide in the poly into the remaining metal sleeves? Actually ANY replacement poly bushing would be great, regardless of installation process.
Thanks for any help!

Post subject: Re: Polyurethane Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:08 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

None that I have ever seen or heard of

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:35 pm 
LOST Addict

How often you having to replace them? They do suck bad to press out :furious:

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Bummer. I've done the uppers 2x and the lowers once and they're needing it again. Maybe I'll just make some new lower arms that use heims or johnny joints or something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

buttface20x6 wrote:
Bummer. I've done the uppers 2x and the lowers once and they're needing it again. Maybe I'll just make some new lower arms that use heims or johnny joints or something.

Where are you buying those replacements?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:45 am 
LOST Newbie

The uppers are Moog. At least the ball joint is. I can't be sure about the bushings. I definitely don't remember what the lowers were. Probably from rockauto or something. I just can't believe there's not a poly bushing that'll fit these things. Even if it were not made for this application something must fit. How rare could these bushing dimensions be?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:37 am 
LOST Addict

Well, I don't know much about custom bushings, but has anyone found an easy way to press those bushings out? I had to cut that darn lip off 2 of them. Then I gave up and pressed out the center metal bit and cut through the sidewall oh so carefully, and then tap out. Talk about a lot of work either way. I know the torch and grinder wheel can speed things along a bit, but I bet someone a lot smarter than me has a good way to press them out quick?

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Don't know what your paying for bushings but I bought new Mopar lower control arms with bushings on Ebay for $60. Seeing how the factory ones lasted me almost 160,000 miles I went with factory.

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 am 

John3:17 wrote:
Don't know what your paying for bushings but I bought new Mopar lower control arms with bushings on Ebay for $60. Seeing how the factory ones lasted me almost 160,000 miles I went with factory.

For what you paid for Mopar units I see no need to go with cheap stuff from Rock Auto and/or trying to replace the bushings. My stock ones lasted 175,000 so if I can get another 175,000 out of the ones I used I'll be happy :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tommudd wrote:
John3:17 wrote:

For what you paid for Mopar units I see no need to go with cheap stuff from Rock Auto and/or trying to replace the bushings. My stock ones lasted 175,000 so if I can get another 175,000 out of the ones I used I'll be happy :wink:

Here's the link Tom

**NEW** 2002-2007 JEEP LIBERTY REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS WITH BOLT RENEGADE SPORT

http://bit.ly/1oZyNcl

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

buttface20x6 wrote:
The uppers are Moog. At least the ball joint is. I can't be sure about the bushings. I definitely don't remember what the lowers were. Probably from rockauto or something. I just can't believe there's not a poly bushing that'll fit these things. Even if it were not made for this application something must fit. How rare could these bushing dimensions be?

And that is why they are not lasting,unknown make of the bushings.

Buy OEM bushings,the price difference is worth it.Better yet buy new arms with the bushings already pressed in since you can warp the arms easy resulting in faster wear.Also you must torque the bolts with the full weight of the vehicle on the bushings otherwise they will wear real fast.A pain in rear to do but will assure longer bushing life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:52 am 
LOST Newbie

I am sure this has been discussed in another thread but here is a link.

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/spf4022k

M416 Trailer