It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: JBA Y link extension
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:09 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Have one, I think is an extra, have a couple of lifts coming up will need to see if either needs them if not possibly be up for sale

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:11 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
Have one, I think is an extra, have a couple of lifts coming up will need to see if either needs them if not possibly be up for sale

Sounds good, I've put about 15k on that UCA, hopefully it isn't trashed already.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Well, just over a year later, and another 15k miles, and my jeep has that wonderful side to side sway in the rear again... I guess this one lasted about 30k with a lot of off road pounding and heavy towing. Maybe I should just get the fancy JBA upgrade? I didn't see it on the site any more, tough to find stuff on his site. I see the weld on one, but I want the bolt on. I thought there was a bolt on?

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:44 pm 

Mountainman wrote:
Well, just over a year later, and another 15k miles, and my jeep has that wonderful side to side sway in the rear again... I guess this one lasted about 30k with a lot of off road pounding and heavy towing. Maybe I should just get the fancy JBA upgrade? I didn't see it on the site any more, tough to find stuff on his site. I see the weld on one, but I want the bolt on. I thought there was a bolt on?

Bolt on one is still there .
Check your LCAs as well

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:44 pm 
LOST Addict

OK, I found it, Thanks Tom!. I replaced the rear arms 30k ago also, but not sure that I had them in the right state, as I heard afterwards that you should put the weight on them before you tighten them? I've never been any good at reading the instructions :roll:

You think the Jba contraption will hold up better to heavy towing than the crap stock triangle?

Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:21 pm 

Mountainman wrote:
OK, I found it, Thanks Tom!. I replaced the rear arms 30k ago also, but not sure that I had them in the right state, as I heard afterwards that you should put the weight on them before you tighten them? I've never been any good at reading the instructions :roll:

You think the Jba contraption will hold up better to heavy towing than the crap stock triangle?

I have a 5X8 open trailer with 2.5 foot sides that I pile full of firewood , plus a 6 x 10 enclosed I pull on a regular basis no problems with the JBA bolt on.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:02 pm 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

I have a 5X8 open trailer with 2.5 foot sides that I pile full of firewood , plus a 6 x 10 enclosed I pull on a regular basis no problems with the JBA bolt on.

Thanks again, Sounds like what I haul, plus CRD's on a HD tow dolly.

Mech fan, VH & AC delete