It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: H&R lift installed!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:09 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

immadmacs wrote:
I'm not seeing a kit. 4 coils are 252.00. Billets shocks/struts are 98 apiece, making the price about 650.00 shipped. It's not a huge difference (about 240.00), but it does seem a viable alternative if you're only looking for a slight lift.

What brand of shocks are you looking at?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:43 am 
LOST Newbie

I am also interested in lifting my KJ but I don't want to go to a 2.5" lift (OME, ~ Ironman).

So just to confirm, the H&R spring gives you ~ 1.5", and the listed Bilstein shocks are for a stock height Liberty?

Wouldn't the shorter shocks (stock) be under stress on the long haul with the 1.5" springs?

My KJ is a mall krawler, 95% pavement, 5% pot holes/speed bumps.

Thanks,

Antonio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 am 

AntonWJ wrote:
I am also interested in lifting my KJ but I don't want to go to a 2.5" lift (OME, ~ Ironman).

So just to confirm, the H&R spring gives you ~ 1.5", and the listed Bilstein shocks are for a stock height Liberty?

Wouldn't the shorter shocks (stock) be under stress on the long haul with the 1.5" springs?

My KJ is a mall krawler, 95% pavement, 5% pot holes/speed bumps.

Thanks,

Antonio

Need a longer shock for the rear , fronts are all the same except for the Ironman front shocks which are a little bit longer than stock length
Doesn't matter if you never go off road, upgrading the suspension on a KJ d makes it ride 100 times better even on the street

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:28 am 
LOST Newbie

Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. For the rear shocks, I have seen options for 2" of extra travel (i.e. 2002 dodge dakota if not mistaken), but haven't seen anything specific for 1.5". Would the shocks with 2" extra travel work (plus bump stops)? Or would you recommend any other shocks for the 1.5" specifically?

Thanks for all your help here and at jeepforum.com.

Antonio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
immadmacs wrote:
I'm not seeing a kit. 4 coils are 252.00. Billets shocks/struts are 98 apiece, making the price about 650.00 shipped. It's not a huge difference (about 240.00), but it does seem a viable alternative if you're only looking for a slight lift.

What brand of shocks are you looking at?

Dang spell check. The shocks are Bilstein, not Billet. After further investigation, the H&R are only rated at 310 lbs, not enough for my CRD and 70lb SteelCraft (looks to be the same as an Aries) grill guard. I really like the Ironman lift, but it's not in the budget right now, if I'm going to get the GDE tune any time soon. For now, I'll settle for straight replacement Bilsteins and new strut mount kits. Shock warehouse has a great price on the shocks by the way, fast free shipping too.

2006 Liberty CRD
Almost all my Mopar skids (stilll need the fuel tank)
Firestone Destination A/T 235/75/16
Samco turbo hoses
SteelCraft Grill guard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:13 am 
LOST Junkie

immadmacs wrote:
After further investigation, the H&R are only rated at 310 lbs, not enough for my CRD

Would be interested in finding out where you got this info, H&R specifically build for CRD here in Europe and yes there is also the option for NON CRD V6 KJ, so make sure you have quoted the correct part. When I check there spring rating was on par for the CRD as the standard CRD springs if not higher.

Curt Front Hitch+Warn M8000 & Cradel
Asfir Front, Gearbox,Transfer Skid + Mopar Tank Skid
BF Goodridge KM2 & General Grabbers AT 245/75R16
OME NS131&790 + NS132L&948, 3/8 Boiler Top Plate, JBA 4.5, 2 Top Rear Isolators

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:14 am 

Yep 310 is stock for a gasser. So no gain or even better even for a gasser model.
Need at least 410 to be same as stock for a CRD.
Thats why OME/ Ironman are much better

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:38 am 
LOST Newbie

Pippobug wrote:
immadmacs wrote:
After further investigation, the H&R are only rated at 310 lbs, not enough for my CRD

Would be interested in finding out where you got this info, H&R specifically build for CRD here in Europe and yes there is also the option for NON CRD V6 KJ, so make sure you have quoted the correct part. When I check there spring rating was on par for the CRD as the standard CRD springs if not higher.

I called H&R and asked them. The person I spoke to told me they didn't have a higher rated spring for the CRD. It could be that they were incorrect. If there is a CRD rated spring, I'd be interested to know the part #.

2006 Liberty CRD
Almost all my Mopar skids (stilll need the fuel tank)
Firestone Destination A/T 235/75/16
Samco turbo hoses
SteelCraft Grill guard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

How is that lift working now after a few months. Just what I was looking for for my 06 KJ gasser. Not too high but enough to raise her up a bit. Will probably order today or tomorrow.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:08 am 
LOST Junkie

immadmacs wrote:
I called H&R and asked them. The person I spoke to told me they didn't have a higher rated spring for the CRD. It could be that they were incorrect. If there is a CRD rated spring, I'd be interested to know the part #.

Sorry for the delay but this should be the correct part N: Manufacturer Part: 29203-1 for the CRD springs.

Also I am not sure if you have read this old post about fitting H&R springs : http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51044

Sadly the owner has now sold his CRD but the info at the time for you who are in the US might be good. I have read other post here in Europe on UK and Italian and German forums and the response has always been positive.

Fil.

Curt Front Hitch+Warn M8000 & Cradel
Asfir Front, Gearbox,Transfer Skid + Mopar Tank Skid
BF Goodridge KM2 & General Grabbers AT 245/75R16
OME NS131&790 + NS132L&948, 3/8 Boiler Top Plate, JBA 4.5, 2 Top Rear Isolators

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:08 am 
LOST Addict

Pippobug wrote:
immadmacs wrote:

Sorry for the delay but this should be the correct part N: Manufacturer Part: 29203-1 for the CRD springs.

Also I am not sure if you have read this old post about fitting H&R springs : http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51044

Fil.

That part number is the same for all KJs.
It might work for a CRD.
At least one CRD owner seemed to like them.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

http://www.jeepforum.cz/showthread.php?tid=5097&page=3