It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: getting as much power as possible from 3.7 engine
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Were there any H.O. 3.7 engines produced ? one of my friends suggested using H.O 4.7 pistons and 2005 camshafts I know the pistons fit not sure about the cams? would be gratefull for any ideas to get as much power from this 3.7 as possible it is going in 2002 4X4 jeep liberty. Thanks Shane

Post subject: Re: getting as much power as possible from 3.7 engine
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Your not getting anymore power from the 3.7 then what it already has.

It's a Jeep not a Ferrari,it does it's best work at 5mph or less.

You want more get up and go re-gear to 4.10's,the only way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:08 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Times two^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:59 pm 
LOST Member

for the most part true. you will see SMALL gains with air filter/muffler swaps and maybe a few other things, but just not much out there...

92 XJ 4.0, AW4, NP242, 31s, 1.75 spacer, ZJ V8 coils, double cherokee leaf pack, 2 inch shackles, dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas tank skid, front skid, warn t-case skid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:51 am 
LOST Member

I used the stock eaton blower from my Cobra and fabbed an intake/adapter to mount the blower in place of the stock plastic intake. I'm running cryo treated forged internals with AirRam cnc Street heads, solid lash adjusters, custom grind cams, upgraded valvetrain, and water methanol injection. I'm running 8psi until I get the bugs worked out. I can smoke my 245's from a dead stop through 1st and 2nd, lmao my 250k mile 42rle didn't like that. The upgraded one from PATC seems.to.be doing good.

One thing I'll mention...it ain't cheap. I did all the fabwork and already had the blower so I cut down on a lot of costs.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

The_dealer wrote:
I used the stock eaton blower from my Cobra and fabbed an intake/adapter to mount the blower in place of the stock plastic intake. I'm running cryo treated forged internals with AirRam cnc Street heads, solid lash adjusters, custom grind cams, upgraded valvetrain, and water methanol injection. I'm running 8psi until I get the bugs worked out. I can smoke my 245's from a dead stop through 1st and 2nd, lmao my 250k mile 42rle didn't like that. The upgraded one from PATC seems.to.be doing good.

One thing I'll mention...it ain't cheap. I did all the fabwork and already had the blower so I cut down on a lot of costs.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

^ That's about the only way to do it... and as you said, it is not cheap. Worth it or not is up to the owner/spender. But yes, the stock transmissions and axles are going to have a bad day as soon as you really put that kind of power to them.

It's not what the engine nor the rest of the vehicle was designed for; therefore, you have to redesign the engine and the vehicle in terms of components.