It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1.5 inch OME from JBA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've gotten the rear springs and all shocks and struts, on a 1.5 inch lift do I reuse the stock strut springs or am I missing them? Thanks! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: 1.5 inch OME from JBA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:42 am 
LOST Newbie

Is this the lift you bought?
http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007 ... it-kj.html

If this is the lift you got, then it is supposed to come with 4 new lift springs.... I would contact the company you bought them from.

New Turbo with wicked wheel 2-on its way
Custom intake with heat shield
Custom washer fluid tank
JBA uppers with OME 2" lift
245/75/16 Cooper's

''A gun is like a parachute.... If you need one and don't have one, you will likely never need one again''- Ted Nugent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

mooreja165 wrote:

If this is the lift you got, then it is supposed to come with 4 new lift springs.... I would contact the company you bought them from.

Thanks! I emailed Marlin with JBA, was just a stock issue. He had to have ARB send the front springs so the shipping time was different. It's all installed and looks so much better now! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:08 am 
LOST Member

BlueTangKJ wrote:
mooreja165 wrote:

Thanks! I emailed Marlin with JBA, was just a stock issue. He had to have ARB send the front springs so the shipping time was different. It's all installed and looks so much better now! :D

Don't forget to add your 1/2" Clevis spacer.
1/4" top of the strut plate.
And then the two added (three total per side) upper rear coil isolators!

That's 2.75" in front and 2.5" in the rear.

31X10.5 Duratracs
Yukon / Motive Gear 4.10's

Aussie Locker. Safari Snorkel.
ARB Diff Guard
Soft 8 - X7 - 4" BS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:01 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

WHITE the civilian wrote:
BlueTangKJ wrote:
mooreja165 wrote:

Don't forget to add your 1/2" Clevis spacer.
1/4" top of the strut plate.
And then the two added (three total per side) upper rear coil isolators!

That's 2.75" in front and 2.5" in the rear.

WAY too much lift if not getting JBA UCAs, plus only use a 3/8 inch clevis NOT 1/2 inch on OME springs
With OME 927s in front and 1/2 inch clevis , that alone is 3.5 inches , then another 1/2 inch from the 1/4 inch top plate would be 4 inches
Even with the JBA UCAs going to have a lot of UCA/spring contact at that height

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:

WAY too much lift if not getting JBA UCAs, plus only use a 3/8 inch clevis NOT 1/2 inch on OME springs
With OME 927s in front and 1/2 inch clevis , that alone is 3.5 inches , then another 1/2 inch from the 1/4 inch top plate would be 4 inches

So a 2.75" lift in the front is WAY too much lift without the use of custom UCA's ??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:43 am 

lipz wrote:
tommudd wrote:

So a 2.75" lift in the front is WAY too much lift without the use of custom UCA's ??

No thats not what I posted , what White posted would be too much lift, since he had stated that you could use a 1/2 inch clevis and a 1/4 inch top plate.
IF you did that you would have 4 inches of lift not 2.75 as he posted. OME 927 would give you 2.5 inches of lift over new stock height, add one inch from the 1/2 inch clevis so now you have 3.5 inches, next adding his 1/4 inch top plate for another 1/2 inch lift so he would have 4 inches of lift/
When you get to 3 inches you really need to start looking at the JBA UCA's , you can get by beow that although they are a great upgrade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for clearing that up. I was scratching my head!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:30 pm 

lipz wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. I was scratching my head!

It can be quite confusing at times , guess I've been doing it so long I sometimes don't think

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
lipz wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Hi Tom, I installed the OME 927's and got 1.5" only. The JBA 1/4" top plate brought me to 2". What could be wrong with my setup?

No thats not what I posted , what White posted would be too much lift, since he had stated that you could use a 1/2 inch clevis and a 1/4 inch top plate.
IF you did that you would have 4 inches of lift not 2.75 as he posted. OME 927 would give you 2.5 inches of lift over new stock height, add one inch from the 1/2 inch clevis so now you have 3.5 inches, next adding his 1/4 inch top plate for another 1/2 inch lift so he would have 4 inches of lift/
When you get to 3 inches you really need to start looking at the JBA UCA's , you can get by beow that although they are a great upgrade