It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Rock Lizard Rear Bumper New Pics 4/22/06 Page 6
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:28 pm 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

OK, that other thread was getting pretty thick, so here is the new one. I finally got the first steel prototype today, but didn't have time to do a lot with it, except get one side plate mounted. I have to say I am very excited so far for this being the first prototype. I got a prototype a week or so ago, but found out the engineer didn't follow my plans exactly, so I made them start all over. Here are the prices that I have so far, then a few teaser pics of the side plate I mounted up. The pictures aren't too exciting other than the fact they are concrete (well steel anyways) evidence that I am seriously working of these bumpers for you guys.

I now have pricing on the Tire Carrier.

Adjustable Model

$400.00 Retail
$340.00 Intro Pricing
$306.00 Prepay Discount Pricing

Non Adjustable Model

$325.00 Retail
$293.00 Intro Pricing
$264.00 Prepay Discount Pricing

And pricing on the rear bumper again:

$675.00 Retail
$608.00 Intro Pricing
$547.00 Prepay Discount Pricing

Don't have pricing on the jerry can carrier yet, but figure it will be about the same as the Non Adjustable Model Tire Carrier.

If you have any technical questions, please refer and post on the old thread so I can use this one for updates. Here is a link to the old thread:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... sc&start=0

OK, here are the few teaser pics. I will be finishing up mounting the prototype over the weekend.

Last edited by Rock Lizard on Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:25 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Sorry the Jeep is so dirty... I didn't feel like washing it with another blast of winter coming on Sunday/Monday. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can't wait till the whole thing is on! I'll be check this post all weekend waiting for the new pictures!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:09 am 

That's all the teaser pics you guys are getting. You will have to wait til the big debut in Moab next month. :shock:

:twisted:

Shoot, I'm too excited about this thing to keep it hidden that long. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

whew! I got scared for a second there. Actually, I would liek to at least see it on a KJ before ordering, so if you want my money you'd have to post at least 1 good picture of a complete bumper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Are the fronts debuting at Moab too? Or just the rear?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:50 pm 

Front, rear and sliders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:21 am 
LOST Member

I was going to order Wed., unfortunately that is the same day my left front wheel fell off the dang Jeep. Needless to say, I need to wait and make sure everything is truly functioning properly just in case I need the cash to make potential repairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:05 am 

Here's another teaser to hold you over for a day or two. Ignore those little tabs hanging down. They are there for the brake to make the bends, and will be cut off.

I'm sure there will be questions about it, so I will answer them now. The funny shape in the center plate is for the hitch tube, and then there is a horizontal cutout in the middle of that so you can put your hitch pin through, and the bottom horizontal slot is for the security tow chain plate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LOOKIN GOOD!!!! Will that cutout only work for stock receiver hitches, or are most manufacturer's receiver's in the same exact spot? Or is a special receiver hitch going to be integrated into the bumper?

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:52 am 

It is an integrated hitch receiver tied into the bumper. It sits about four inches higher than the stock hitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:54 am 
LOST Newbie

hey rock lizard are you going to take some bumpers to moab because if you are i would like to buy the front and rear. give me a hala.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:59 am 

The Shocker wrote:
hey rock lizard are you going to take some bumpers to moab because if you are i would like to buy the front and rear. give me a hala.

The prototypes will be there for you guys to check out, but there is no way these things will even be in production by then. I'm already cutting it very close to get the prototypes done by then.

Post subject: bumpers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:12 am 
LOST Member

Rock Lizard wrote:
The Shocker wrote:

The prototypes will be there for you guys to check out, but there is no way these things will even be in production by then. I'm already cutting it very close to get the prototypes done by then.

When will the bumpers be ready as I am in the market now, but could wait if the delivery date is reasonable ?

Trail Ready Rear Bumper
Wilderness Rack
MT Classic Lock Wheels with Trxux 265 75 MT Tires
410 ratio, Complete Skid Plate Mopar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rock Lizard wrote:
It is an integrated hitch receiver tied into the bumper. It sits about four inches higher than the stock hitch.

Will the hitch receiver that I have on the Liberty already work with the bumper? Sounds like it would hang under the bumper much like in the pics of the mockup from the old thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:39 pm 
LOST Addict

As long as I can use my hitch I already have, I will be preordering this bumper VERY soon! Can I purchance the swing away tire and jerry can holder seperatly (at a later time) and install it without having to send it back to you RL?

Mid-Atlantic & Carolina LOST #236236
2006 TJ Solar Yellow Rubicon
Lockers, Springs, Skids, Headers, Snorkel,
Exhaust Work, 4.5 Long Arm, Warn M8000
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers Moab's/SpiderTrax, 6000k HID, IPF H4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:18 pm 

uvalax236 wrote:
As long as I can use my hitch I already have, I will be preordering this bumper VERY soon! Can I purchance the swing away tire and jerry can holder seperatly (at a later time) and install it without having to send it back to you RL?

I designed it to allow the factory hitch to work with it. I have also designed it to allow adding the carriers without any modification, just bolt them on and your good to go.

Post subject: Re: bumpers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:21 pm 

Robert Bradbury wrote:
Rock Lizard wrote:
The Shocker wrote:

When will the bumpers be ready as I am in the market now, but could wait if the delivery date is reasonable ?

I won't start production until I get a final prototype that I am happy with. Production time will be about 8 weeks once it starts, so I am figuring at the current rate to have these sometime in late June.

Just out of curiousity, what market?:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

Rock Lizard wrote:
I designed it to allow the factory hitch to work with it. I have also designed it to allow adding the carriers without any modification, just bolt them on and your good to go.

Outstanding....any idea what this thing will weigh? I know some folks are down on the ARB front bumper as it may cause the springs to sag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:37 pm 

TallNorton wrote:
Rock Lizard wrote:

Outstanding....any idea what this thing will weigh? I know some folks are down on the ARB front bumper as it may cause the springs to sag.

As for weight, it isn't light. I just weighed the two end caps at about 20lbs, the center section in that picture is 60lbs, the two shackle tabs, mounting brackets and safety chain plate are 20lbs, and I still have to weigh the hitch tube (about 5 lbs) and the cross brace tube (maybe 10lbs), so about 115-120lbs. Then add your carriers and you are talking about 200 lbs easy. It's a lot, but unless I go with 1/8" instead of 3/16", there is nothing that can be done except add some higher spring rate coils or spacers. During this R&D time, I will find a suitable replacement rear coil that will handle this thing and maintain a 2-3" lift. I have a spring company that makes my lift kits, so I bet I can find something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next