It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lights out ! ? !
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Left-side parking ( front) & tail lights are out, so is left brake light. New bulbs, fuse is good(#23), too. No power at the 5-pin connector on back of taillight. But the turn signal and back-up lights on the left side still work. Puzzled as to where to start looking.

Any thoughts???

Thanks,

~Paul
2004 KJ Sport

Post subject: Re: Lights out ! ? !
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had this same issue... anyways, thats how it all started. it spread to my driving lights, then my tail lights. soon i had no brake lights and when i pushed the brake pedal the back glass would open. keyfobs quit. interior light wouldnt turn off etc etc etc. wierd things kept happening untill finally it wouldnt start anymore saying "no bus" on the odometer. all this in the span of about a month. i went through a ton of fuses until finally i hardwired a fuse to see what would happen. it only took a few seconds for smoke to start pouring through the carpet in front of the drivers seat. after lifting the carpet i found this (see pic). since fixing it, everything works again and i havent had any issues since. im not saying this is your problem, but its worth investigating. the spot of the shorts had a small puddle of water and sand under the wire, and with 15 years of stepping on it i suppose only one thing is gonna happen... this mess!!! good luck

Bill,
'02 KJ Limited

Post subject: Re: Lights out ! ? !
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:26 am 
LOST Newbie

Turns out it was wires chafing under the dash on some sharp-edged metal. All good now & finally passed inspection. Whew.