It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2002 3.7 liberty & heater & ac
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

I bought this vehicle with a rod knocking . I installed a crank kit & the engine is fine . No back history on this jeep .
I've now found the heater blows barely warm & the ac blows barely cold . I've read many threads about blend door problems & clogged heater cores .
The heater fan blows fine & switches to whatever vent I move the selector knob to . The air is barely warm when the heat / cold knob is turned to hot & blows cool when the knob is turned to cold . Both of the hoses going to the heater core get hot .
Before I attack this problem I'd like to know if a blend door problem could cause a barely warm heater & a barely cool ac ? These could be two completely different problems but I'd like to know if one problem can cause both . The ac does have a charge in it .
I have a recall notice that will require a visit to the dealership . Can the dealership check for proper operation of the blend door / doors with a scan tool ? How many blend doors are there ? TIA

I know many people visit multiple forums but I'm going to post this on another forum anyway .