It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OME 1.5 kit. Please Help Needed.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm new to the Jeep Liberty forum. I recently bought a 2005 3.7 Ltd. Not sure if this the right place to post. If not please let me know.

I purchased the 1.5" OME kit. 927/948 coils. I was told that I would get more than 1.5" lift in the front with the 927's but that is all I got. I installed the JBA 1/4" plate for an extra 1/2". It currently sits at 21" front. 21.5" rear.

Perhaps I am not use to it, but the ride in the front is very firm. How long of break in period does it need??

My question is: Is it possible to overcompress these springs when assembling?? Would that make me lose some height on the front end?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: OME 1.5 kit. Please Help Needed.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:51 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

amir.flores wrote:
I'm new to the Jeep Liberty forum. I recently bought a 2005 3.7 Ltd. Not sure if this the right place to post. If not please let me know.

I purchased the 1.5" OME kit. 927/948 coils. I was told that I would get more than 1.5" lift in the front with the 927's but that is all I got. I installed the JBA 1/4" plate for an extra 1/2". It currently sits at 21" front. 21.5" rear.

Perhaps I am not use to it, but the ride in the front is very firm. How long of break in period does it need??

My question is: Is it possible to overcompress these springs when assembling?? Would that make me lose some height on the front end?

Yes you should be at 3 inches of lift , where are you measuring from ( middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front ) Are you sure you got 927 front springs? Also what shocks did you go with?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
amir.flores wrote:

Yes you should be at 3 inches of lift , where are you measuring from ( middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front ) Are you sure you got 927 front springs? Also what shocks did you go with?

Thanks Tom. I measured from the middle of wheel to the bottom of flare as you have stated.

These springs and shocks are what I ordered from JBA:
What Front Springs and Struts?
3.7L HD 150lb-GVW 1) OME2927 Springs 2) 90009 Strut
What Rear Springs and Shocks?
Gas/Diesel-Med 1) OME2948 Springs 2) 60069 Shocks

After looking cIoser, I think I found what the problem is (or a part of the problem atleast). The LCA strut bushings are soft and cracked. This is causing the clevis fork (and entire shock assembly) to sit lower than it should on the LCA. Perhaps when I get these changed I'll gain atleast 3/8" - 1/2" of lift in the front. Hopefully more.

If I can figure how to post a picture. I'll post a picture of the LCA strut bushing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just reporting back.

The lower control arm strut bushing were replaced with MOOGs. This did not make a difference.

I am currently lifted at 3.2" passenger side and 3.0" driver side.

OME 927 springs
3 conduit nuts
1/4 JBA top plate.

So my conclusion. The OME 927 springs only gives 1.75" of lift in the front. The additional 1.25" came from the clevis and top plate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:41 pm 

amir.flores wrote:
Just reporting back.

The lower control arm strut bushing were replaced with MOOGs. This did not make a difference.

OME 927 springs
3 conduit nuts
1/4 JBA top plate.

So my conclusion. The OME 927 springs only gives 1.75" of lift in the front. The additional 1.25" came from the clevis and top plate.

I've installed around 38 sets of 927s, all gave just at 2.5 inches of lift
any pictures of what you installed ??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
amir.flores wrote:
Just reporting back.

OME 927 springs
3 conduit nuts
1/4 JBA top plate.

I've installed around 38 sets of 927s, all gave just at 2.5 inches of lift
any pictures of what you installed ??

Hopefully these load. First time posting pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Front 22" (Center of hub to fender)

Rear 21.5" (Center of hub to fender)

I would like to add one more rear isolator to make it 22" all around. But since I'm using the stock length shocks, would I be cutting it close? 75% daily driver 25% off road