It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lower ball joint replacement
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am trying to press out my lower ball joints on my 06 liberty crd, but my press is too small so i guess ill pound them out. It doesn't seem to be moving though. Is there a snap ring i am not seeing because of all the corrosion? I've made it this far and i would hate to have to bring it in. ThanksImage

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Lower ball joint replacement
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:38 pm 
LOST Member

jvecchione wrote:
I am trying to press out my lower ball joints on my 06 liberty crd, but my press is too small so i guess ill pound them out. It doesn't seem to be moving though. Is there a snap ring i am not seeing because of all the corrosion? I've made it this far and i would hate to have to bring it in. ThanksImage

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Look at your new unit, it will have a groove for the snap ring and come with a new snap ring...…( from memory I think it does)

I wouldn't advise pounding out the LBJ and certainly not pounding the new one in. Bring your knuckle to a local garage to get the old one out and the new one press in.

I've seem many liberty loosing wheels cause of LBJ, don't take any risk and use premium part ( Moog problem solver)

Post subject: Re: Lower ball joint replacement
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes I have the moog greasable lbj's ready to go, but there is no groove for a snap ring that I can see. Yes, I hate pounding on things, usually ends up costing more to fix and a trip to the ER. Apparently I need some kind of adapter cup for my press as none of the cups will fit, they are either too small or too big.