It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JBA bolt on 4-link: Kreakin, Klunkin, Squeakin kinda time
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:45 pm 
LOST Member

Arrrgghhh! This JBA bolt on 4-Link is driving me bananas. As you might guess from the title, I couldn't hear Shania's lyrics over the sounds from my 4-Link. Anyone else experiencing this? I would give up the flex and put in links with rubber bushings to preserve my sanity if they were available.

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

Post subject: Re: JBA bolt on 4-link: Kreakin, Klunkin, Squeakin kinda t
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Going to that style of setup and joints will be noisy,not a daily driver friendly setup with heim joints.

Depending on thread size you could possibly swap out those heims with Johnny Joints that have poly bushings inside them.I use JJ on both my track bars and zero play or noise in almost 10 years and 31,000+ miles.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:09 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
Going to that style of setup and joints will be noisy,not a daily driver friendly setup with heim joints.

Depending on thread size you could possibly swap out those heims with Johnny Joints that have poly bushings inside them.I use JJ on both my track bars and zero play or noise in almost 10 years and 31,000+ miles.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:04 am 
LOST Addict

It make any noticeable noise at cruising speeds? I planned on getting one, but maybe I should just get an extension. Then again, let me know if you want to sell it :D

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 pm 
LOST Member

Mountainman wrote:
It make any noticeable noise at cruising speeds? I planned on getting one, but maybe I should just get an extension. Then again, let me know if you want to sell it :D

It makes no noise as long as the suspension is not moving, but yes, it makes plenty of noise if there is any flex for road conditions. If I sold it, I would have to replace it, and I really don't want to go back to OE, so that would mean the IRO WJ triangle. I can't figure why they never made the bracket for the KJ rear axle, so if I went that route, I would have to track down someone to make that bracket. I'll call JBA, and look into TJKJ's suggestion of johnny joints.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:47 am 
LOST Addict

Dent wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

It makes no noise as long as the suspension is not moving, but yes, it makes plenty of noise if there is any flex for road conditions. If I sold it, I would have to replace it, and I really don't want to go back to OE, so that would mean the IRO WJ triangle. I can't figure why they never made the bracket for the KJ rear axle, so if I went that route, I would have to track down someone to make that bracket. I'll call JBA, and look into TJKJ's suggestion of johnny joints.

Sounds good. Thanks for the report!

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I dont understand? I dont see any suspension like that on JBA site?!? There are no links in his 4" kit?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:38 am 
LOST Member

CRD Joe wrote:
I dont understand? I dont see any suspension like that on JBA site?!? There are no links in his 4" kit?

http://jeepinbyal.com/liberty-2002-2007 ... -link.html