It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iro a arm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:21 am 
LOST Member

I picked up a iro rear upper control arm. Does anyone have the dimensions on the bracket needed the attach this to a 8.25 rear axle? Thx in advance. I've use the search but couldn't get a messurement to fab up without mocking up myself.

Frankenlifted front, custom springs 4" rear, 23.25" F/R - 265/75 Duratracs 16x7 D windows- JBA 4.5 UCAs, Y-link - AEM Brute Intake - Rockcrusher diff cover, Mopar Front Skid, All J belly skid, Skink Sliders - EBC Green Stuff F/R - DTT Front, 4.10s

Post subject: Re: Iro a arm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 am 

fortx4 KJ wrote:
I picked up a iro rear upper control arm. Does anyone have the dimensions on the bracket needed the attach this to a 8.25 rear axle? Thx in advance. I've use the search but couldn't get a messurement to fab up without mocking up myself.

The member that fabricated up a bracket to make the IRO work with a Jeep Liberty to the best of my memory never did share the dimensions for his bracket.
I believe he had plans to market it at some point, but due to liability concerns he got cold feet.

You could mock one up out of some heavy cardboard pieces, then using the patterns, cut the actual metal pieces, then drill all the needed holes, and finely weld it all together.
But it has got to be super strong!!!!

This is the thread with pictures where Whitby made the bracket to use the IRO arm:> http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81761

Later on in the same thread, on the next to last page, it is stated that Iron Forge Customs makes the bolt on bracket?

In the same thread, another member made this nice adaptor to use the IRO link but I believe it required welding the truss to the top of the axle tubes. :roll:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81761&start=200

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:19 pm 
LOST Member

What about a truss? Maybe IRO or ECGS will sell theirs separate from their WJ axle bracket kit?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:59 am 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
wwdiesel[/url][/u][/b]

Sent you a PM

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 am 
LOST Member

I hekped Whitby develop the drawings for the bracket in Autodesk Inventor (3d modeling) if he doesnt care i could release those, with a "build at your own risk"

92 XJ 4.0, AW4, NP242, 31s, 1.75 spacer, ZJ V8 coils, double cherokee leaf pack, 2 inch shackles, dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas tank skid, front skid, warn t-case skid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:42 pm 

jeeptorino68 wrote:
I hekped Whitby develop the drawings for the bracket in Autodesk Inventor (3d modeling) if he doesnt care i could release those, with a "build at your own risk"

I too have a drawing of the mount I developed if anyone wants to try and build their own. Mine is a much different approach/design than the one Whitby developed!
His design I believe only incorporated the top two OEM mounting bolts whereas my design uses all three of the OEM mounting bolts/points for additional strength and is much larger.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:21 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
I too have a drawing of the mount I developed if anyone wants to try and build their own.

Nice work!

How is the VSS clearance? (something I have to watch for with any truss setup)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:15 pm 

ImABoo wrote:
fortx4 KJ wrote:

Hey. I know where there is dimensions on this bracket. The guy I bought my KJ from sent me a email with all kinds of pictures and links and stuff.
I have the same drawings that IronForge Customs was given supposedly from what the previous owner said
I hope I don't get blamed for this....we will see

sent you a PM. :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch