It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FOX Shocks install
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:35 am 
LOST Newbie

So I ordered the 2.5" coil over kit from Marlin and upgraded to the FOX shocks. for the people who have already installed these on their rides, any advice (or pictures) you could share showing how you located/mounted the external reservoir would be appreciated. I see FOX has several optional mounts on their website (for 2" cylinders). did anyone find those helpful?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Original Owner, 2003 Sport, JBA Coil Overs with FOX remote reservoir shocks, JBA's 4.5 UCA's, Skid Row/Jeep armor, Ruff Stuff rear diff cover, K&N cold air intake kit, Magna Flow exhaust, Iron Rock Off-road rear UCA, Satellite Radio, 03 GC EVIC.

Post subject: Re: FOX Shocks install
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Any update? Are you done installing your Fox shocks? How's the ride quality?

Post subject: Re: FOX Shocks install
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

no updates yet. if the weather holds, i'm going to do the install on the 24/25th of March.

the fronts look to be reasonably straight forward. there is plenty of room to the rear of the coil spring and the upper control arm. the rear ones look a bit more tricky. when I first looked at it, I looked at it from rear bumper and thought it was an easy day. looking at it from the front with the wheel off, I think the e-brake cable (which I didn't see look at it from the rear) will prevent strapping the reservoir right to the shock. so my second though is to remove a little piece of the plastic fender liner and mount the reservoir on the outside of the frame rail.

I'll post some pictures of the process when I do the install.

Ed

Original Owner, 2003 Sport, JBA Coil Overs with FOX remote reservoir shocks, JBA's 4.5 UCA's, Skid Row/Jeep armor, Ruff Stuff rear diff cover, K&N cold air intake kit, Magna Flow exhaust, Iron Rock Off-road rear UCA, Satellite Radio, 03 GC EVIC.