It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EVIC programming
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

this is my first post in quite a while so either hello or hello again.

so I added an EVIC to my 2003. I got extremely lucky that I found one from a 2003 Grand Cherokee with no sun roof switch and the exact matching color :BANANA: It was a little nerve wracking cutting into the headliner, but a little bit at a time and everything worked out.

the question: is there a way to reprogram the EVIC without going to the dealer? I'm not sure what size gas tank is in a GC, but mathematically, it has to be larger than mine (with the actual and EVIC MPG being different). I have little doubt if I went to the dealer, I would be the gas face, 1000 yard stare or any other phrase you can think of for "I have no idea what your talking about?" I also wouldn't mind resetting my spedo since I put on larger tires.

anything would be helpful.

thanks.

Ed

Original Owner, 2003 Sport, JBA Coil Overs with FOX remote reservoir shocks, JBA's 4.5 UCA's, Skid Row/Jeep armor, Ruff Stuff rear diff cover, K&N cold air intake kit, Magna Flow exhaust, Iron Rock Off-road rear UCA, Satellite Radio, 03 GC EVIC.

Post subject: Re: EVIC programming
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:56 pm 
LOST Member

Don't think there is any reprogramming available for the EVIC. My jeep doesn't have speed match until I had 245/70/16 tires. All the KJ I believe we're generous on mph readings giving more miles than actual. This makes the mpg readings inaccurate.