It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cherokee sport 2002- Rpm problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:26 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello,

I have Cherokee sport 2002 diesel 2.5 CRD which in US standards has to be Liberty. When I bought it I have changed a lot of staff but most importantly the Crankshaft sensor and fuel filter. Now when I start the car I don't have any problem and when I drive it I also don't have any problems. The problems come when I drive my car for some time and then leave it working in place like from 2 to 10 mins, then when I try to accelerate or start driving the RPM stucks between 1rpm and vibrates around there, the car engine starts making vrum vrum noises and it is like choked. When I turn it off and turn it back on everything is fine and I can drive without a problem. This RPM problem occurs randomly but never when I am driving most of the time it is when I drive around the city and then leave it in one place working, after that if I try to accelerate the problem occurs. Then again this problem doesn't happen every time it is at random intervals. I have some observations that this occurs more when it is raining but it might be just me :D.
Also, we had made a computer test for any mistakes and it comes out clean.

If anyone can suggest what might be wrong or offer some help I will more than grateful.